I've saved my favorite for last....here's a preview of the changes to the nport component in MMSIM12.1.
1. The Edit Object Properties/Add Instance form has been revised for better usability.
3. When you select the Browse and select s-data file button, the following GUI appears and allows you to browse and select the desired s-parameter data file. Once you do that, the filename is populated into the GUI..
4. The causality check is more robust.
6. Improved error messages makes troubleshooting problematic s-parameter files much easier!
7. New Touchstone formats supported:
I'm sure you'll agree that the new nport is much easier to use in MMSIM12.1.
Have fun simulating!
P.S. Make sure you are using IC6.1.5 ISR14 or later to see these new features in the environment.
We are aware that nport w/ shooting pss improvements are very important to you and many other customers.
It is something that R&D is/will be working on.
Please work with your Support AE regarding the CCRs you’ve filed on this issue.
You are welcome to contact me offline should you have other questions/comments about this.
I have no doubt that shootin g PSS with nports is important for you and many other customers.
Do you have CCRs filed requesting enhancements to nport/Shooting PSS? Please feel free to contact me offline to discuss this.
For us at Rohde & Schwarz, shooting pss is pretty important. You can find some details at www.cadence.com/.../RohdeSchwarz_cs.pdf .
Hi Frank, the nport is optimized to work with the Harmonic Balance engine. We don't recommend using it with the shooting engine at this time. You are correct that R&D is working on improving the nport for the shooting engine. Best regards, Tawna
The new nport indeed brings big improvements. We compared simulation results with those of corresponding Sonnet broadband models and got very good matching in transient simulation. Unfortunately, the new nport does not yet work reliably for shooting pss. Depending on the circuit, the simulation results may be completely wrong in this case. An enhanced version that also works for shooting pss has been promised to us for next year.