I want to write artworks to a design dependent output directory.
I have a script to create artworks,
olddir = "output"outdir = "output/123456-ND-A"axlSetVariable("ads_sdart" outdir) ; set working directory to output directory sprintf(script "scriptmode +i +n +w +c\n setwindow pcb\n artwork\n setwindow form.film_control\n FORM film_control select_all\n
FORM film_control database_check YES\n FORM film_control create\n setwindow form.film_control\n FORM film_control ok\n setwindow pcb\n ") ;end sprintf COD_replay_script(script)
axlSetVariable("ads_sdart" olddir) ;
If I set "ads_sdart" using setup user preferences, it works fine. If I use this script, the artworks is generated in "output" and art_param.txt is generated in "output/123456-ND-A". That does not make any sense to me. Any surgestions?Alternatively I could move the files afterwards, but that requires much more unessesary coding.
In reply to Pawandeep:
Thanks, for your input. The assumptions you made are correct. The dir structure looks like this, and they exists, at the time I run the script.123456.brd/output/123456-ND-A
I tried running your script. But the result are the same for me.123456.brd/output/*.art/output/123456-ND-A/art_param.txtThe artwork files are still in the output dir (which "ads_sdart" is set to in site.env), only the art_param.txt is in the output/123456-ND-A dir.
COD_replay_script makes a scriptfile and replays it.procedure( COD_replay_script(cmds)let((script_file) script_file = axlDMOpenFile("ALLEGRO_SCRIPT", "tmp", "w") fprintf(script_file "scriptmode +i +n +w +c\n") fprintf(script_file cmds) fprintf(script_file "\n") axlDMClose(script_file) if( isFile( "tmp.scr") then axlShell("replay tmp") deleteFile("tmp.scr") else printf("tmp.scr not found\n") ) ;end if ) ;end let) ; end procedure
In reply to Adamsen:
I tried to exactly as you described. Made a new board, put you script with the board, created output and output/123456-ND-A.
Running your script I get same result as before. *.art in output and art_param.txt in output/123456-ND-A. When i set ”ads_sdart” manually it works as desired.
Thank you for testing this. I will now open this as a support case, and take it from there.
In reply to wilef:
Here is the answer I got from support.
I have checked this with our Skill Expert and this is what he has to say on this."This is not a problem with the SKILL function. Setting the variable with SKILL in this way sets the variable for the current session. When you generate artwork it calls an external application which reads the env file. Setting the variable with the SKIILL function does not change the env file. If you look at this variable in the preferences editor you will see that it requires a restart of Allegro to take effect.If the customer really wants to control this with SKILL then they must create a function that parses and updates the env file."
I ended up with writing a function that copies the files from "ads_sdart"
I dont know, if it has been changed since. This was in June 2012.
This can easily be solved using a new 16.6 skill command named "axlSetVariableFile"
This command will make the change to the local env fil and hence a restart won't be necessary.
I've used this with success for other path variables like psmpath and padpath