trying to visualize statistical parameters from a large netlist, I got an error because the number of lines of output would be greater than 1900, so the window got truncated.
However, I also got a 'hint' from the CIW, on how to use ocnPrint to output...
As the image says, I get the hint <Expression in window title>, but the expression is just "Form" and this does not work :(
I then tried to put the software in 'verbose' mode, as to try and extrapolate this important piece of info..
but I could not spot the window title/name, or the expression that I needed to feed to the ocnPrint function. I found however what happended when right-clicking on the Results pane in ADEXL:
So, in the end of the day, some questions:
- is the hint of using ocnPrint with <Expression in window title> something that can be used in this context?
- if yes, what is the right expression to use there?
- what process should one follow to find this type of info on his own?
- what about the _axlDisplayStatisticalDataForPoint function? Why can't I find it? Am I looking in the wrong places?
- if one had time and will, what would be a reasonable path to learn where to find/apply this type of info, and maybe build on them?
Everytime I get confronted with Ocean/SKILL stuff, I always get lost :(...Still, I have a feeling this could improve my productivity as a designer manyfold, if I ever get the key to the realm.
Thank you in advance for your help,