Has anyone run into a problem with cdb2oa dropping layers when converting a cdb library to oa? When I use the tool, it seems to convert the "drawing" purpose layers OK but not our "mk" layers. There is no error or warning in the log file and everything appears to have been converted properly but when I look at the layout, the marker layers are not there. The layers are in the LSW (for OA) and they are set to valid/visible/selectable. I have also confirmed that the layers exist in the CDB database. I know I am probably just doing something funky but I don't have a clue what it is that I am doing wrong. To the best of my knowledge, I believe I have followed the steps defined in section 4 of the "CDB to OpenAccess Translator User Guide" correctly. Has anyone else had a problem like this and if so, what was the cause and the cure?
I have seen such thing, but it's more then 4 years back since I did my last conversion.
Check if there are some layers in your OA database which have either the layer name or the purpose "unknown".
I can't remmeber to what the layers have been assigned to, also I don't know if the "unkown" was in small or capital letters.
Best is to filter your shapes for the layer name or lpp throug SKILL.
If you find such a layer in the OA db check if the shape is the same as the layer your missing form CDB.
In reply to berndfi:
Thank you for the response. We were actually able to figure out the problem. We had created the tech layer information manually (without using CDB2OA to convert the tech file). When we did that we were defining one of the pre-defined purposes to a different number from what OA recognizes as the default. This resulted in a conflict and apparently, that purpose and all subsequent purpose definitions were ignored. Once the tech layer definitions were corrected, we were able to convert the layouts with all layers intact.