PCB designer and Layout

Hello I have two questions:

1) Is "orcad pcb designer"  a sort of sequel of "orcad  layout"?

2) How can I print on a laser printer the circuit I can open with "orcad pcb designer lite" ?

Thanks in advace if you will answer me

Parents
  • Not really a sequel, Cadence always had PCB Editor as their PCB tool, when OrCAD was purchased, they had OrCAD Layout, over time, OrCAD Layout became less relevant to emerging design requirements and there seemed little point in developing two tools to do basically the same thing so OrCAD PCB Editor was born as a "junior" to the Allegro PCB Editor tools. Over time, some significant capabilities have made their way from the Allegro "level" to the OrCAD "level" of PCB Editor.

File>Plot will print from the Lite capability, File>Plot Setup to configure...

• Not really a sequel, Cadence always had PCB Editor as their PCB tool, when OrCAD was purchased, they had OrCAD Layout, over time, OrCAD Layout became less relevant to emerging design requirements and there seemed little point in developing two tools to do basically the same thing so OrCAD PCB Editor was born as a "junior" to the Allegro PCB Editor tools. Over time, some significant capabilities have made their way from the Allegro "level" to the OrCAD "level" of PCB Editor.

File>Plot will print from the Lite capability, File>Plot Setup to configure...

Children
No Data
CDNS Forum Thread CSS JS
CDNS - Fix Layout