Community Feedback, Suggestions, and Questions ORCAD PSPICE 9.1 or CADENCE 16.3

ORCAD PSPICE 9.1 or CADENCE 16.3

Hai,

I am using windows 7, i have installed orcad 9.1 but i cant able to creat a blank project in that,if it possible to use in cadence 16.3

• At present Windows 7 is not officially supported but I expect that you will have more luck with that than an application tested on Windows 95 / 98 / NT4

• Hi

When using Windows 7 it is important to run programs as administrator. So place your mouse over the Capture shortcut and right click->run as administrator.

That would probably do the trick, however as mentioned Windows 7 is not yet officially supported.

Best regards

Ole

• Hi, I thought I'd use this thread to not clutter up the boards.

I have the OrCad 16.3 version installed on a windows 7 (64-bit) system. Just after installation everything worked fine, but suddenly Capture does not open. When I run Capture, I get to chose which version to use, indenpendet of which version I chose, the program starts up but goes straight to a minimized tray. WHen I right click the tray, to open Capture I get a message saying C:\Cadence\SPB_16.3\tools\Capture was not found. Which is pretty strange, as this is the directory from which I just ran the program!

I've tried running it in compitability mode for XP and Vista, and as an administrator. Nothing works. What is even more strange is that any other program works, such as the PCB Designer.

Anybody encountered this problem, or know how to solve it?

Best Regards,

Alexander

•  Alex, The following worked for me.

Go to task manager. Right click on the running task, and select maximize.

This has to be repeated from time to time, last about a week for me.

Regards,

Gary

• Try renaming capture.ini (it should be present in ../tools/capture )and then launching capture.

CDNS Forum Thread CSS JS
CDNS - Fix Layout