CIS, database fields

Hi all,

I recently moved my (large, growing) local CIS database from Access to MariaDB, resulting in a large increase in speed but some odd problems. My Cadence installation is on Win7, the MariaDB is on Fedora21.

In particular, number fields with values > 1000 got formatted with extra "thousands separator" commas ("1,000").

Now, this doesn't cause a problem in CIS; I can do queries like "voltage > 900" and get good results. But when I run Smoke analysis, the number fields with commas get truncated, so smoke complains about voltage is 500V but the limit is 1V (when it should be 1000V).

After extensive debugging of the database transactions, it seems that this is a "windows 7 locale" issue, but the usual 'format number fields, chnage locale' control panel stuff won't remove the commas.  A simple registry fix will do it, however:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\International]

"sThousand"=""
"iDigits"="9"

(also sets to using 9 decimal places, so that small numbers don't get lost) And yes, the control panel menu complains, but lets the changes stay.

An alternate approach is to change the database 'view' to remove commas, but that converts number fields to text fields, and you can't do CIS query number comparisons.

So perhaps I'm the only one who is using CIS + Smoke and ran into this problem, but hope it helps others.

CDNS Forum Thread CSS JS
CDNS - Fix Layout