Get email delivery of the Cadence blog featured here
2014 was a year of verification, of IP and IP integration, of new mobile interfaces and applications, and of new extraction and signoff technologies. At least that’s what the most-viewed technical videos from Cadence’s YouTube channel are telling us.
Here’s a look at the top 10 most popular Cadence videos, the design challenges they illuminated, and the problems they helped solve:
1. MediaTek Gets High-Quality Smart Devices to Market Quickly with Palladium Platform
Andrew Chang, MediaTek corporate vice president, discusses how the Cadence’s Palladium platform has helped MediaTek achieve faster simulation and debug to help the company meet its time-to-market and design quality goals.
2. Mobile World Congress: Imagination Technologies' Ray Tracing Technology
Covering MWC in Barcelona, I took the opportunity to have James McCombe, general manager of ray tracing technology at Imagination Technologies, describe a new version of PowerVR that incorporates ray tracing directly inside shading clusters inside PowerVR for improved graphics performance.
3. Whiteboard Wednesdays—How the MIPI Alliance Works to Enhance Mobile Devices
Moshik Ruben, Product Marketing Director at Cadence, discusses MIPI protocols including CSI-2, DSI, D-PHY, SLIMBUS, M-PHY, UniPro, UFS, CSI-3, LLI, and DDRF.
4. New Power Signoff Tool: 10X Faster Performance and SPICE-Like Accuracy
Cadence's Anirudh Devgan walks us through three key benefits offered in the new Voltus IC Power Integrity Solution.
5. Two-Minute Lesson on Achieving Faster Parasitic Extraction
Stewart Williams, the product engineering director behind Cadence's new Quantus QRC Extraction Solution, describes the difference between Quantus and the existing QRC Extraction technology.
6. Whiteboard Wednesdays—Wireless Transceiver Implementations
Priyank Shukla highlights wireless transceivers and protocol standards 802.11x and LTE/LTE-A.
7. Whiteboard Wednesdays—Promises and Challenges of DDR4 Memory Technology
Kishore Kasamsetty provides a history on DDR4 technology, as well as the memory standard's specifications and the challenges of meeting these specifications.
8. Whiteboard Wednesdays—New MIPI Interfaces: Winners or Losers?
Cadence's Moshik Ruben takes a deeper look at the MIPI protocols that are the leading choice for certain mobile interfaces.
9. Need to Offload Your Apps Processor? See How Customizable Processors Can Help
Here's a fun and fast way to understand how Cadence Tensilica Xtensa processors work, and how you can easily use them to offload your applications processor.
10. Verifying the RTL in an Analog Circuit
SilabTech uses digitally assisted analog techniques to create its chips. To streamline the circuit verification process, the company uses the Cadence AMS Methodology Kit, which verifies the RTL in the analog circuit.
- Top Ten Industry Insights Blog Posts of 2014