Cadence® system design and verification solutions, integrated under our System Development Suite, provide the simulation, acceleration, emulation, and management capabilities.
System Development Suite Related Products A-Z
Cadence® digital design and signoff solutions provide a fast path to design closure and better predictability, helping you meet your power, performance, and area (PPA) targets.
Full-Flow Digital Solution Related Products A-Z
Cadence® custom, analog, and RF design solutions can help you save time by automating many routine tasks, from block-level and mixed-signal simulation to routing and library characterization.
Overview Related Products A-Z
Driving efficiency and accuracy in advanced packaging, system planning, and multi-fabric interoperability, Cadence® package implementation products deliver the automation and accuracy.
Cadence® PCB design solutions enable shorter, more predictable design cycles with greater integration of component design and system-level simulation for a constraint-driven flow.
An open IP platform for you to customize your app-driven SoC design.
Comprehensive solutions and methodologies.
Helping you meet your broader business goals.
A global customer support infrastructure with around-the-clock help.
24/7 Support - Cadence Online Support
Locate the latest software updates, service request, technical documentation, solutions and more in your personalized environment.
Cadence offers various software services for download. This page describes our offerings, including the Allegro FREE Physical Viewer.
Get the most out of your investment in Cadence technologies through a wide range of training offerings.
This course combines our Allegro PCB Editor Basic Techniques, followed by Allegro PCB Editor Intermediate Techniques.
Virtuoso Analog Design Environment Verifier 16.7
Learn learn to perform requirements-driven analog verification using the Virtuoso ADE Verifier tool.
Exchange ideas, news, technical information, and best practices.
The community is open to everyone, and to provide the most value, we require participants to follow our Community Guidelines that facilitate a quality exchange of ideas and information.
It's not all about the technlogy. Here we exchange ideas on the Cadence Academic Network and other subjects of general interest.
Cadence is a leading provider of system design tools, software, IP, and services.
Get email delivery of the Cadence blog featured here
The first "Club Formal" event in China was held in Shanghai on Oct. 21 2011, and as you can see in the image gallery below 24 customers from different 6 companies came together to share their general experiences and detailed case studies on formal and assertion-based verification (ABV). We also took the opportunity to announce and demonstrate some new technologies, share our product roadmap, and learn new requirements from the attendees to better align our R&D development with their needs.
Here are some specific highlights from our information-rich agenda:
1. "Warm-up" Demo: rapid design bring-upTo give everyone some "food for thought" and seed our later conversations, I kicked off the proceedings with a brief demo on our rapid "bring-up" flow. Specifically, I showed how Automatic Formal Analysis (AFA), Assertion-Driven Simulation (see prior post and archived webinar on "ADS"), Assertion-Based Verification IP and pure formal together can shorten the cycles of designer and verification engineers to bring-up and explore a new design without testbench.
2. Incisive HDL analysis ("HAL") overview and usage with IFV/IEVR&D's Jianxin Bai talked about the HAL technology in general, and how its linting capabilities can be used to tee up efficient IFV/IEV runs.3. Automated SoC iIntegration verification and demoPeng Yu showed how formal technology can be applied to connectivity verification in SoCs via automatically generated assertions, and how this methodology out-performs the traditional simulation approach on coverage and productivity. (Ed. Note: there is an archived webinar on this topic posted here)
4. Code coverage unreachability analysis with Incisive Enterprise Verifier (IEV) demoI had the honor of presenting the newly released coverage unreachability flow, which aims to reduce the time to coverage closure by determining the unreachable code coverage automatically by formal technology, and most important it's an integrated solution to existing simulation.
5. Writer block verification using Incisive Formal Verifier (IFV)Legang Sun (LSI) shared his experience on applying RTL checks and AFA of IFV to the "writer" block (a block shaping the write signals to a hard disk). Those automatic checks and assertions detected design issues with very low effort, thus visibly increased the team's productivity.
6. CRG block verification using IEV (Hisilicon)Ke Xu (Hisilicon) shared his work on Clock Reset Generation (CRG) block with ABV and IEV. He spoke about the reasons for adopting formal verification on this block and how several efficient corner case bugs were caught by IEV, and also shared feedback on how to make the tool and workflow better.
7. IFV & IEV roadmap highlightsLast but not least, Product Engineering presented the big picture of solutions we offer today around formal verification, and shared our near term product roadmap.
At the end of the day, everyone was a little overwhelmed by so much information, but in a good way. Everyone found the presentations and demos to be of immediate, "I can go back to my desk and try this right now" value; plus they gave our factory representatives lots of valuable feedback which will definitely help us to improve our solutions.
Until the next Club Formal, happy verifying!
Jin TangPrincipal Solutions EngineerShenzhen, Chinafor Team VerifyOn Twitter: http://twitter.com/teamverify, @teamverify