Cadence® system design and verification solutions, integrated under our System Development Suite, provide the simulation, acceleration, emulation, and management capabilities.
System Development Suite Related Products A-Z
Cadence® digital design and signoff solutions provide a fast path to design closure and better predictability, helping you meet your power, performance, and area (PPA) targets.
Full-Flow Digital Solution Related Products A-Z
Cadence® custom, analog, and RF design solutions can help you save time by automating many routine tasks, from block-level and mixed-signal simulation to routing and library characterization.
Overview Related Products A-Z
Driving efficiency and accuracy in advanced packaging, system planning, and multi-fabric interoperability, Cadence® package implementation products deliver the automation and accuracy.
Cadence® PCB design solutions enable shorter, more predictable design cycles with greater integration of component design and system-level simulation for a constraint-driven flow.
An open IP platform for you to customize your app-driven SoC design.
Comprehensive solutions and methodologies.
Helping you meet your broader business goals.
A global customer support infrastructure with around-the-clock help.
24/7 Support - Cadence Online Support
Locate the latest software updates, service request, technical documentation, solutions and more in your personalized environment.
Cadence offers various software services for download. This page describes our offerings, including the Allegro FREE Physical Viewer.
The Cadence Academic Network helps build strong relationships between academia and industry, and promotes the proliferation of leading-edge technologies and methodologies at universities renowned for their engineering and design excellence.
Participate in CDNLive
A huge knowledge exchange platform for academia to network with industry. We are looking for academic speakers to talk about their research to the industry attendees at the Academic Track at CDNLive EMEA and Silicon Valley.
Come & Meet Us @ Events
A huge knowledge exchange platform for academia. We are looking for academic speakers to talk about their research to industry attendees.
Americas University Software Program
Join the 250+ qualified Americas member universities who have already incorporated Cadence EDA software into their classrooms and academic research projects.
EMEA University Software Program
In EMEA, Cadence works with EUROPRACTICE to ensure cost-effective availability of our extensive electronic design automation (EDA) tools for non-commercial activities.
Apply Now For Jobs
If you are a recent college graduate or a student looking for internship. Visit our exclusive job search page for interns and recent college graduate jobs.
Cadence is a Great Place to do great work
Learn more about our internship program and visit our careers page to do meaningful work and make a great impact.
Get the most out of your investment in Cadence technologies through a wide range of training offerings.
Overview All Courses Asia Pacific EMEANorth America
Instructor-led training [ILT] are live classes that are offered in our state-of-the-art classrooms at our worldwide training centers, at your site, or as a Virtual classroom.
Online Training is delivered over the web to let you proceed at your own pace, anytime and anywhere.
Exchange ideas, news, technical information, and best practices.
The community is open to everyone, and to provide the most value, we require participants to follow our Community Guidelines that facilitate a quality exchange of ideas and information.
It's not all about the technlogy. Here we exchange ideas on the Cadence Academic Network and other subjects of general interest.
Cadence is a leading provider of system design tools, software, IP, and services.
Get email delivery of the Cadence blog featured here
Just a brief post this week to highlight one of the new SPB16.3 features in Allegro Design Entry CIS.
In complex designs containing a large number of parts, the task of wiring the parts together is often a time consuming and tedious task. Wiring multiple pins to a bus can also be a tedious and repetitive task. Capture now includes an Auto-Wiring feature that allows you to wire two or more pins or wires on your schematic page.There are three (3) modes in which Auto Wire will work:
For more details and screenshots, read below.
Connect two pointsTo wire two points on a page (pin-to-pin, pin-to-wire or wire-to-wire).
1. From the Place menu, choose Auto Wire then choose Two Points as shown in the screenshot bellow:
Or click the Auto Connect two points button - - on the Draw toolbar. Capture is now in the Auto-Wire mode. Notice the cursor changes to the Auto-Wire cursor.
2. Click the pin or wire to start the net. As you move the cursor across the page notice a wire (from the start pin or wire) is formed. The wire stretches as you move across the page.
3. Click the pin or wire to end the net. A wire is created between the start and end points.
4 Choose the selection tool to exit the Auto-Wire mode or go back to step 2 to Auto-Wire other pairs of pins and wires on the page.
Connect Multiple Points
1. From the Place menu, choose Auto-Wire then choose Multiple Points.
Or click the Auto Connect multiple points button - - on the Draw toolbar. Capture is now in the Auto-Wire mode. Notice the cursor changes to the Auto-Wire cursor.
2. Click the pin or wire to start the net.
3. Click the next pin or wire on the net.
4. Continue to click on as many pins or wires as required to create the complete net.
Note: Since you are in the Multiple Point mode, you do not need to press the Ctrl key to multi-select points on the page.
5. Finally, right-click anywhere on the schematic page and choose Connect.
Connect to Bus
1. From the Place menu, choose Auto Wire then choose Connect to Bus.
Or click the Auto Connect to Bus button - - on the Draw toolbar. Capture is now in the Auto-Wire mode. Notice the cursor changes to the Auto-Wire cursor.
2. Select any number of pins and/or wires to be connected to the bus.
Note: Since you are in the Connect to Bus mode, you do not need to press the Ctrl key to multi-select points on the page.
3. Select the bus. As soon as you select the bus, the wire connections between the selected points on the page and the bus are created. Notice that the bus entries for these connections are also made. When all the connections to the bus are made, you are prompted for the net alias. This net alias will be used for all the connections to the bus. You need to provide an alias name prefix followed by a numeric range in square brackets so that each net alias in the connections will use a name prefix followed by the sequenced numeric value. Take the example of the following alias name prefix and number range:AD [9-0] - the net aliases will be named AD9, AD8, AD7 through to AD0.
4. Enter the net alias name prefix followed by the numeric range. All the connections to the bus are complete along with the number sequenced net aliases.
As always, I'm interested in your feedback on how you've adopted this new feature in constructing your schematics.
Jerry "GenPart" Grzenia
There is a video of this new Capture feature on TEAMOrCAD's YouTube channel.