Cadence® system design and verification solutions, integrated under our System Development Suite, provide the simulation, acceleration, emulation, and management capabilities.
Verification Suite Related Products A-Z
Cadence® digital design and signoff solutions provide a fast path to design closure and better predictability, helping you meet your power, performance, and area (PPA) targets.
Full-Flow Digital Solution Related Products A-Z
Cadence® custom, analog, and RF design solutions can help you save time by automating many routine tasks, from block-level and mixed-signal simulation to routing and library characterization.
Overview Related Products A-Z
Driving efficiency and accuracy in advanced packaging, system planning, and multi-fabric interoperability, Cadence® package implementation products deliver the automation and accuracy.
Cadence® PCB design solutions enable shorter, more predictable design cycles with greater integration of component design and system-level simulation for a constraint-driven flow.
An open IP platform for you to customize your app-driven SoC design.
Comprehensive solutions and methodologies.
Helping you meet your broader business goals.
A global customer support infrastructure with around-the-clock help.
24/7 Support - Cadence Online Support
Locate the latest software updates, service request, technical documentation, solutions and more in your personalized environment.
Cadence offers various software services for download. This page describes our offerings, including the Allegro FREE Physical Viewer.
The Cadence Academic Network helps build strong relationships between academia and industry, and promotes the proliferation of leading-edge technologies and methodologies at universities renowned for their engineering and design excellence.
Participate in CDNLive
A huge knowledge exchange platform for academia to network with industry. We are looking for academic speakers to talk about their research to the industry attendees at the Academic Track at CDNLive EMEA and Silicon Valley.
Come & Meet Us @ Events
A huge knowledge exchange platform for academia. We are looking for academic speakers to talk about their research to industry attendees.
Americas University Software Program
Join the 250+ qualified Americas member universities who have already incorporated Cadence EDA software into their classrooms and academic research projects.
EMEA University Software Program
In EMEA, Cadence works with EUROPRACTICE to ensure cost-effective availability of our extensive electronic design automation (EDA) tools for non-commercial activities.
Apply Now For Jobs
If you are a recent college graduate or a student looking for internship. Visit our exclusive job search page for interns and recent college graduate jobs.
Cadence is a Great Place to do great work
Learn more about our internship program and visit our careers page to do meaningful work and make a great impact.
Get the most out of your investment in Cadence technologies through a wide range of training offerings.
Overview All Courses Asia Pacific EMEANorth America
Instructor-led training [ILT] are live classes that are offered in our state-of-the-art classrooms at our worldwide training centers, at your site, or as a Virtual classroom.
Online Training is delivered over the web to let you proceed at your own pace, anytime and anywhere.
Exchange ideas, news, technical information, and best practices.
The community is open to everyone, and to provide the most value, we require participants to follow our Community Guidelines that facilitate a quality exchange of ideas and information.
It's not all about the technlogy. Here we exchange ideas on the Cadence Academic Network and other subjects of general interest.
Cadence is a leading provider of system design tools, software, IP, and services.
Get email delivery of the Cadence blog featured here
Object Linking and Embedding (OLE) support in SPB16.3 Allegro Design Entry CIS (or Capture) allows you to embed or link an object on your schematic page. The object types that you are allowed to embed or link are defined by the applications and files available on your computer. This feature allows you to annotate your schematic pages with any external data (information) that you need to enhance the usability and readability of your design.
You can place objects of other applications on your schematic page using the Place OLE Object. This allows to you embed or link an external application file into your schematic page. This provides the ability to package other files (or links to files) along with your schematic. For example, you may want to embed a PDF document on a schematic page. Or you may want to place and link an Excel document on a page. Allegro Design Entry CIS allows you to add an existing external file to your schematic as an OLE object.Read on for more information …
Place a new OLE object on a page
1. From the Place menu, choose OLE Object. The Insert Object dialog box displays:
2. From the Object Type list, choose the new object type to embed on the schematic page.3. Click OK. The cursor changes into the cross-hair cursor indicating that Capture is now in the Place OLE Object mode.4. Click the mouse button at the point where you want to start the object and drag the cursor to draw a rectangular area to contain the object. As soon as you release the mouse button, the Capture toolbar now includes the toolbar for the application associated with the OLE object type. For example, if you select Bitmap Image type, the Capture toolbar will include the Microsoft Paint toolbars:
5. When you are done making changes to the new object, click anywhere on the schematic page outside the object. Notice now that the toolbars for the associated application are not available in Capture. Capture is now in the schematic page editor mode. The OLE object is now embedded in your schematic page and the contents will be saved along with your schematic page.
Place an existing OLE object on a page
1. From the Place menu choose OLE Object. The Insert Object dialog box displays The Create New radio button is selected by default.2. Choose the Create From File radio option. You can either enter the name of the file or you can browse for the file on the file system. Choose the Link option to embed a reference of the file, otherwise the file itself is embedded on your page. Choose the Display as Icon option to display the icon for the application associated with the file:
3. Click OK. The cursor changes into the cross-hair cursor indicating that Capture is now in the Place OLE Object mode. 4. Click the mouse button at the point where you want to start the object and drag the cursor to draw a rectangular area to contain the object.5. When you are done making changes to the new object, click anywhere on the schematic page outside the object.
Please share your experiences with this new SPB16.3 capability.
Jerry "GenPart" Grzenia