Cadence® system design and verification solutions, integrated under our System Development Suite, provide the simulation, acceleration, emulation, and management capabilities.
System Development Suite Related Products A-Z
Cadence® digital design and signoff solutions provide a fast path to design closure and better predictability, helping you meet your power, performance, and area (PPA) targets.
Full-Flow Digital Solution Related Products A-Z
Cadence® custom, analog, and RF design solutions can help you save time by automating many routine tasks, from block-level and mixed-signal simulation to routing and library characterization.
Overview Related Products A-Z
Driving efficiency and accuracy in advanced packaging, system planning, and multi-fabric interoperability, Cadence® package implementation products deliver the automation and accuracy.
Cadence® PCB design solutions enable shorter, more predictable design cycles with greater integration of component design and system-level simulation for a constraint-driven flow.
An open IP platform for you to customize your app-driven SoC design.
Comprehensive solutions and methodologies.
Helping you meet your broader business goals.
A global customer support infrastructure with around-the-clock help.
24/7 Support - Cadence Online Support
Locate the latest software updates, service request, technical documentation, solutions and more in your personalized environment.
Cadence offers various software services for download. This page describes our offerings, including the Allegro FREE Physical Viewer.
Get the most out of your investment in Cadence technologies through a wide range of training offerings.
This course combines our Allegro PCB Editor Basic Techniques, followed by Allegro PCB Editor Intermediate Techniques.
Virtuoso Analog Design Environment Verifier 16.7
Learn learn to perform requirements-driven analog verification using the Virtuoso ADE Verifier tool.
Exchange ideas, news, technical information, and best practices.
The community is open to everyone, and to provide the most value, we require participants to follow our Community Guidelines that facilitate a quality exchange of ideas and information.
It's not all about the technlogy. Here we exchange ideas on the Cadence Academic Network and other subjects of general interest.
Cadence is a leading provider of system design tools, software, IP, and services.
Get email delivery of the Cadence blog featured here
Starting with the Allegro PCB Editor 16.6 release, we can compare two constraint databases and view the constraint differences. This provides an efficient opportunity for designers to determine the differences between 2 designs.Read on for more details
Generate a Constraint Difference Report
1. Open the Constraint Manager.2. Select File > Import > Constraints.3. The 'Import Constraints' dialog box is displayed. Select the 'Report Only' check-box.4. Choose the .dcf file to compare. This .dcf file is exported from a different database.5. Click 'Open' to create the report.The Constraint Difference Report is shown below:
In the same way you can also select File > Import > Technology File and open a .tcf file to view the Technology Difference Report.
View a Constraint Difference Report
The report can be opened in a built-in report viewer. This viewer consists of a toolbar and view window.Report Viewer Toolbar:
The table below describes the function of each tool button.Tools FunctionPrevious Selection shows previous view of the reportNext Selection shows next view of the reportExport report to HTML Export the report as an HTML pagePrint Preview Shows a printer-friendly view of the reportClose Window Closes the report viewer
Export Report as HTML
1. Select the 'Export report to HTML' button from the toolbar. The Export Report dialog box is displayed.2. Browse the directory to save the report.3. Provide a report folder. 'OK' button gets enabled. Select OK.The HTML page of the report is generated. You can open the HTML report page in any browser.
Printing a Report
1. Select the 'Print Preview' button from the toolbar. The printer view is displayed for review.
2. Choose 'Send to printer' for printing the report.
Representing Constraint Differences
The Constraint Difference Report viewer is a two-frame, tree-view based representation.
1. By Tree-view shows a summary of the selected node in the tree-view:
2. By following Links, shows a summary of an object when selecting the object name link3. By previous and next show selections made forward and backward in the report selections
There are three viewing modes:1. Summary only (S) shows a description only with the number of changes
2. Differences only(D) shows Destination and Source constraints for each attribute. Unchanged layers are not shown.
3. All values(A) shows constraints at Destination and Source for all layers.
Please share your experiences using this new 16.6 capability.Jerry “GenPart” Grzenia
Hi "Lock2002" - would you mind filing a new Customer Support Case and then an Allegro PCB Editor AE Export will work with you on this issue. Jerry G.
I couldn't get this to work.
I've not heard about pictures not being displayed in the Bog posts. What browser are you using?
I can see the images in these browsers:
Internet Explorer 8
Chrome Version 26.0.1410.64 m
Hi Jerry, I cant see the pictures.