Cadence® system design and verification solutions, integrated under our System Development Suite, provide the simulation, acceleration, emulation, and management capabilities.
System Development Suite Related Products A-Z
Cadence® digital design and signoff solutions provide a fast path to design closure and better predictability, helping you meet your power, performance, and area (PPA) targets.
Full-Flow Digital Solution Related Products A-Z
Cadence® custom, analog, and RF design solutions can help you save time by automating many routine tasks, from block-level and mixed-signal simulation to routing and library characterization.
Overview Related Products A-Z
Driving efficiency and accuracy in advanced packaging, system planning, and multi-fabric interoperability, Cadence® package implementation products deliver the automation and accuracy.
Cadence® PCB design solutions enable shorter, more predictable design cycles with greater integration of component design and system-level simulation for a constraint-driven flow.
An open IP platform for you to customize your app-driven SoC design.
Comprehensive solutions and methodologies.
Helping you meet your broader business goals.
A global customer support infrastructure with around-the-clock help.
24/7 Support - Cadence Online Support
Locate the latest software updates, service request, technical documentation, solutions and more in your personalized environment.
Cadence offers various software services for download. This page describes our offerings, including the Allegro FREE Physical Viewer.
The Cadence Academic Network helps build strong relationships between academia and industry, and promotes the proliferation of leading-edge technologies and methodologies at universities renowned for their engineering and design excellence.
Participate in CDNLive
A huge knowledge exchange platform for academia to network with industry. We are looking for academic speakers to talk about their research to the industry attendees at the Academic Track at CDNLive EMEA and Silicon Valley.
Come & Meet Us @ Events
A huge knowledge exchange platform for academia. We are looking for academic speakers to talk about their research to industry attendees.
Americas University Software Program
Join the 250+ qualified Americas member universities who have already incorporated Cadence EDA software into their classrooms and academic research projects.
EMEA University Software Program
In EMEA, Cadence works with EUROPRACTICE to ensure cost-effective availability of our extensive electronic design automation (EDA) tools for non-commercial activities.
Apply Now For Jobs
If you are a recent college graduate or a student looking for internship. Visit our exclusive job search page for interns and recent college graduate jobs.
Cadence is a Great Place to do great work
Learn more about our internship program and visit our careers page to do meaningful work and make a great impact.
Get the most out of your investment in Cadence technologies through a wide range of training offerings.
Overview All Courses Asia Pacific EMEANorth America
Instructor-led training [ILT] are live classes that are offered in our state-of-the-art classrooms at our worldwide training centers, at your site, or as a Virtual classroom.
Online Training is delivered over the web to let you proceed at your own pace, anytime and anywhere.
Exchange ideas, news, technical information, and best practices.
The community is open to everyone, and to provide the most value, we require participants to follow our Community Guidelines that facilitate a quality exchange of ideas and information.
It's not all about the technlogy. Here we exchange ideas on the Cadence Academic Network and other subjects of general interest.
Cadence is a leading provider of system design tools, software, IP, and services.
When I am doing pnosie analysis in cadence spectre (IC 416) , the simulation prematuarly teminated & error flushing like below
Provided I have fixed tstb =200ns for beat frequency = 10MHz
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////pss has reached the maximum iterations (20).
Error found by spectre during periodic steady state analysis `pss'. pss analysis did not converge. The last unconverged solution is saved.
The following set of suggestions may help you avoid these convergence difficulties.
1. Carefully evaluate and resolve any notice, warning or error messages.
2. Providing a larger value for tstab generally improves convergence. While not always necessary, one occasionally needs set tstab to a value equal or greater than the time needed for the circuit to approximately reach steady state.
3. While trapezoidal rule ringing is annoying in transient analysis, in PSS analysis it can cause the shooting iteration to stall before convergence is achieved. This problem can be remedied by changing the method from traponly to either trap, gear2, or gear2only.
4. Increase the maximum iterations for shooting methods using the maxperiods parameter. Sometimes the analysis may need more than the default number of iterations to converge. However, there are situations that prevent convergence regardless of how many iterations are taken. In this case, increasing the iteration limit simply results in the simulator taking longer to fail.
5. If the shooting iteration approaches convergence and then stalls, it may be because the tolerance on the shooting method is too tight. In this case, try loosening steadyratio, which controls how close to steady-state the result must be before it is declared to be converged.
6. Finally, tightening the normal simulation tolerances (maxstep, reltol, lteratio, errpreset) can help resolve convergence problems in PSS. Avoid using errpreset=liberal.
Analysis `pss' terminated prematurely due to error.
Error found by spectre. PSS analysis must be executed before pnoise. Analysis skipped.
Analysis `pnoise' terminated prematurely due to error.modelParameter: writing model parameter values to rawfile.element: writing instance parameter values to rawfile.outputParameter: writing output parameter values to rawfile.designParamVals: writing netlist parameters to rawfile.primitives: writing primitives to rawfile.subckts: writing subcircuits to rawfile.
Can help someone regarding this issues.
This is actually a PSS convergence issue.
It is always helpful to include the subversion of software you are using when you post questions to the forum. The command to obtain this is: spectre -W
Also, more details on the analysis and your circuit. For example:
- Are you using the shooting engine or harmonic balance?
- Provide the analysis and options line from your netlist
- Is this a digital (very sharp transitions) vco or more sinusoidal (or high Q) vco?
You may want to look at the following Cadence Online Support solutions: (you must be a Cadence customer. University accounts must consult with their university-Cadence contact person.)
Sr. Staff Support AE, Global Customer Support
Cadence Design Systems, Inc.
In reply to Tawna: