During the DXFIn, all dimension texts are missed. Sometimes, all the texts are moved to one point(0 0). But all of them can be viewed normally by CAM350 or ProE. How do you guys deal with it~~
What CAD system was the DXF file generated from and what DXF Version was outputted? Also what version of Cadence Allegro are you using? There have been major improvements over the past couple of Allegro versions, which improved the import of DXF files into Allegro. I import DXF Files all the time and never had any issues on at least Allegro 15.X. In the limited cases where something does not look right I just output a DXF in a lower version, which normally does the trick.
I'm not sure about dxf's version. And it is generated by Pro/Engineer 2001. My Allegro version is 15.1 s062 Is there any setting during generating the DXF in ProE? and what shall I do during Allegro DXFIn? Thanks.
I am using Pro-E here as well so I ran some tests using Allegro 15.0, 15.1, 15.2 and 15.5.1 and was able to recreate the problem you are seeing. This problem only occurs when I loaded the Pro-E DXF file in Allegro 15.0 and 15.1 where as loading it in Allegro 15.2 and 15.5.1 worked fine. You can try to load the latest ISR for Allegro 15.1 to see if it fixes the problem. If it does not fix the problem I would either import the DXF file using Allegro 15.2 or select the option during Export from Pro-E to explode the test into line draws. I attached an image of the Pro-E DXF Export form which indicated what to select to explode the text.
I have checked it with my mechanical engineer, There is no export environment setting in the Pro-E 2001, they generate the DXF by saving a copy, select a DXF format directly. And the dimension isn't text, it's attribute type in Pro-E. And in my case, all note texts are displayed normally. Therefore, we need not explode all text, I think. Perhaps, I should upgrade my PSD version. My Allegro version information: Allegro PCB Studio Performance 15.1 (6/14/2005) s062 (v15-1-31CC) i86
I'm sorry; I did my test using Pro-E Wildfire 1.0 / 2.0 and I don’t of 2001 loaded. The DXF File generation in Wildfire uses File > Save a Copy (same as Pro-E 2001), the you select DXF Format and after clicking OK the Export Environmental form opens up so you can select the DXF Version as well as to explode the text. I understand the dimension is an attribute and not really text but during my testing I selected the "As Separated Entities" under the Notes section of the previously posted form actually exploded all the text, including the dimension attributes, in the DXF Output. In Pro-E 2001 you can add the following lines to the config.pro to control the DXF output: dxf_export_format 14 dxf_out_stroke_text no dxf_export_format controls the output format (DXF 12,13,14) dxf_out_stroke_text (Yes,No) With these settings at least the dimensions looks correct even thought all the text is exploded. It looks like DXF Output from Wildfire has a pretty form which sets these variables on the fly which makes it easier. Well as you said, you always can upgrade to Cadence SPB 15.2 to avoid all of this. Good luck