I'm running Allegro v16.2. Although I am loading it in my 'allegro.ilinit' file with my other skill routines, when I try to use 'component_height.il', I get an error saying ' E - Command not found: height'. Can anyone help ?
1) When you open a board file, check the command window to see if it had any errors loading the skill file.
2) Type helpcmd and look for the command to make sure it was registered.
3) Check the file for the axlCmdRegister( ) function to make sure you're entering the correct command.
Thanks Randy. There are no errors when I open a board file, however, when I type 'helpcmd', the skill file is not in the list. How do I get it registered ?
It is registered by the axlCmdRegister( ) function in the skill file when it is loaded. Please note that the command registered may not match the skill filename.
I'm guessing that it's loading because I'm not getting any error messages when I load a board, and yet 'height' does not appear in the list when I run 'helpcmd'. The line in the component_height.il script reads 'axlCmdRegister("height" `component_height)'. Is anyone else using this script with v16.2 successfully ?
Depending on your license level, you may be able to try loading it manually at the command window; i.e. skill load "component_height.il".
I just tried this with v16.2 and got the following results:
1) It loaded fine.
2) The command "height" was shown in the helpcmd window.
3) When I entered "height", it displayed a popup. I tried a couple of actions, but it didn't seem to provide any results. I then took a quick look at the code and noticed something important. It was tested on v11.0. Back then component height was handled differently. Therefore, without looking deeper into the code than I have time for, I'm assuming it won't work unless it gets updated.