I'm using axlDBCreateSymDefSkeleton to generate some symbols from text files, the problem here is that I need to feed the symextents as a parameter.
I'm not dumping the libraries, but still would like to minimize the symextents after the symbol is created.
Anyone with an idea about how this can be done? axlDBChangeDesignExtents does not take a symbol definition as an argument.
As a side question, is there a way to keep the Skeleton symbol in the board file without placing it when several skeleton symbols are created?
Best regards Ole
I have previously encountered this and have generally had to calculate the maximum extents before using the command. The documentation suggests that you can use "significantly larger" extents with no adverse impact so this might be your best option if you can't predict the exents from the text file.
I'm not sure about the second part of your question but I can't see why you can't just record the DBID of each new symbol definition.
Thanks, this also confirms what I've found, I'll just have to think about calculating the extents, since placing significantly large symbols into a drawing has an impact on the size of the board.
So far it seems like the symbol dissapear from the .brd file when I crate a new symbol skeleton unless I use axlDBCreateSymbol and place an instance.
I used this
ext = axlExtentDB('obstacle)