Cadence Breadcrumbs
CommunityForums PCB Design Capture CIS Export CIS BOM report to excel is empty, unless the DSN...

Export CIS BOM report to excel is empty, unless the DSN file name is 9 characters or less

Hi !

I have trouble exporting CIS BOM using OrCAD 17.4 S023, S024, S025 hotfix.

When the OrCAD DSN file name is greater than 9 characters,

the exported document is empty after executing CIS Bill of Materials - > Standard - > Export BOM report to excel.

Only when the DSN file name characters are less than or equal to 9 can CIS BOM be exported to excel normally.

This is a common problem of OrCAD 17.4 S023, S024 and S025 Hotfix. I tested that the reason why CIS BOM cannot be exported to Excel is that the length of DSN file name is greater than 9 characters.

I hope the test conclusion of this problem can give some help to cadence's R & D brothers. thank you!

Dear friends, if you also encounter that exporting excel using CIS BOM is empty, you can experiment。

As shown in the figure, the following is an experiment in which the length of DSN file name is greater than 9 characters:

As shown in the figure, the following is an experiment in which the length of DSN file name is equal to 9 characters:

Related