Cadence Breadcrumbs
CommunityForums PCB Design Allegro PCB Editor and PCB SKILL axlSetFindFilter keyword "NAMEFORM" is not working if the...

axlSetFindFilter keyword "NAMEFORM" is not working if the script is executed by replaying *.scr file

Hi, 

I am writing a skill script which will enable Find By Name form for user to select nets by themselves or specify a file to load multiple nets. In this case, user would like to specify a file to load multiple nets.

If we invoke the axlSetFindFilter function with enabled keyword "NAMEFORM" by just typing it on the SKILL windows, it works normally.

Example code: axlSetFindFilter(?enabled '("NOALL" "NETS" "NAMEFORM")  ?onButtons "ALL")

If I try to run the script which included this function to enable Fund By Name Form by replaying *.scr file in customized allegro.men file, the "..." button would be broken and unable to choose file. (clicked but no window pops up) 

[Edit] If I type axlShell("replay C:/script/MyTest.scr") on skill command line, the "..." button would be broken too.

I suspect that there's something wrong when it executes the *.il file by replaying *.scr file in customized allegro.men file, does anyone know how to fix this issue? 

Allegro version: 17.2-2016 S061 [10/28/2019] Windows SPB 64-bit Edition

Thanks!

Lauren

Parents
  • I wrote a quick test routine to test this & created net.lst, both shown below:

C:\Temp>type MyTest.il procedure(MyTest()  let((mypopup)  (mypopup = (axlUIPopupDefine nil list(list("Done" 'axlFinishEnterFun) list("Cancel" 'axlCancelEnterFun))))  (axlClearSelSet)  (axlUIPopupSet mypopup)  (axlSetFindFilter ?enabled list("NOALL" "NETS" "NAMEFORM") ?onButtons list("NOALL" "NETS"))  while((axlSelect)  (axlShowObject  (axlGetSelSet)  )  )  ) )

C:\Temp>type nets.lst DGND GND_EARTH

C:\Temp>

This code didn't have any problem accessing the .lst file as shown below:

However allegro didn't like that input per the following message:

Nets are not selectable at this time.

• Hi David,

Thank you so much for your testing, I'm wondering if you executes your code by replaying *.scr file, or simply type axlShell("replay C:/script/MyTest.scr") on skill command line, is it working fine? 

I noticed that if I invoke my code by replaying *.scr file, axlSetFindFilter with keyword "NAMEFORM" would not work ( "..." button broken and not able to select *.lst file)

• Hi David,

Thank you so much for your testing, I'm wondering if you executes your code by replaying *.scr file, or simply type axlShell("replay C:/script/MyTest.scr") on skill command line, is it working fine? 

I noticed that if I invoke my code by replaying *.scr file, axlSetFindFilter with keyword "NAMEFORM" would not work ( "..." button broken and not able to select *.lst file)

Children
No Data
Related