Community Feedback, Suggestions, and Questions OrCAD install killed Oracle VirtualBox

OrCAD install killed Oracle VirtualBox

Installed Orcad demo and now Oracle VirtualBox is redirected to C:\SPB_data instead of c:\users\owner.VirtualBox.

This killed my virtual machine firmware development environment. 

C:\SPB_data directory did not exist until the OrCAD install.

Parents
  • Since I appear to talking to myself I might as well finish this conversation.

It appears that OrCAD has claimed the user variable 'home' and given it the value of c:\SPB_Data.

The quick fix, delete the OrCAD HOME variable value from the user's environment variable.  The Virtual Machine now works and software development can continue as usual.  (as a side note, mplayer also seems to be throwing a config file in the SPB_data folder, so it appears other programs are also affected by the OrCAD install.)

The long term fix.  Run OrCAD on a junky PC by itself - and send a letter home saying OrCAD doesn't like to play well with others.

• Since I appear to talking to myself I might as well finish this conversation.

It appears that OrCAD has claimed the user variable 'home' and given it the value of c:\SPB_Data.

The quick fix, delete the OrCAD HOME variable value from the user's environment variable.  The Virtual Machine now works and software development can continue as usual.  (as a side note, mplayer also seems to be throwing a config file in the SPB_data folder, so it appears other programs are also affected by the OrCAD install.)

The long term fix.  Run OrCAD on a junky PC by itself - and send a letter home saying OrCAD doesn't like to play well with others.

Children
No Data
CDNS Forum Thread CSS JS
CDNS - Fix Layout