Orcad 16.6 15053 error

Hello all,

I've have downloaded and installed ORCAD 16.6 Lite but I get the following error when I start a PSPICE simulation:

"ERROR(15053): Can not initialize PSpice UI" 

Does anyone know why this happens and how to solve it? 

Parents
  • Hi there,

I have the same issue under Windows XP SP3 and I find out that I can't invoke pspice from the start menu. You rename %HOME%/CDSSETUP  to what ? I found the variable in the windows system variables but also in some Orcad ini files too. Orcad was installed in a virtual partition D:\ and the %HOME%/CDSSETUP  points to the right place that is D:\Windows Section\OrCAD_16.6_Lite which is the installation folder I choose when installing Orcad so everything seems to be correct for me and there is only one user account on my computer.

I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it in the default directory C:\OrCAD\OrCAD_16.6_Lite\ and it is the same problem

OrCAD Capture CIS Lite -> no problem 

Magnetic Parts Editor    -> no problem 

Model Editor                 -> error message: This application has quit unexpectedly. To help Cadence detect and analyse the problem archive the current project...

Simulation Manager       -> no problem

Stimulus Editor              -> error message: This application has quit unexpectedly. To help Cadence detect and analyse the problem archive the current project...

PSpice Advanced Analysis Lite -> no problem

PSpice AD Lite -> nothing happen !

Any ideas !

Thank you, bye.

• Hi there,

I have the same issue under Windows XP SP3 and I find out that I can't invoke pspice from the start menu. You rename %HOME%/CDSSETUP  to what ? I found the variable in the windows system variables but also in some Orcad ini files too. Orcad was installed in a virtual partition D:\ and the %HOME%/CDSSETUP  points to the right place that is D:\Windows Section\OrCAD_16.6_Lite which is the installation folder I choose when installing Orcad so everything seems to be correct for me and there is only one user account on my computer.

I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it in the default directory C:\OrCAD\OrCAD_16.6_Lite\ and it is the same problem

OrCAD Capture CIS Lite -> no problem 

Magnetic Parts Editor    -> no problem 

Model Editor                 -> error message: This application has quit unexpectedly. To help Cadence detect and analyse the problem archive the current project...

Simulation Manager       -> no problem

Stimulus Editor              -> error message: This application has quit unexpectedly. To help Cadence detect and analyse the problem archive the current project...

PSpice Advanced Analysis Lite -> no problem

PSpice AD Lite -> nothing happen !

Any ideas !

Thank you, bye.

Children
No Data
CDNS Forum Thread CSS JS
CDNS - Fix Layout