Community Feedback, Suggestions, and Questions [SOLVED] The pspice com wrapper error

[SOLVED] The pspice com wrapper error

Hi,

I was working in CIS lite v16.5 for a while now (Win7, x64), and everything was working fine. However, I recently downloaded and installed version 16.6. Now when I try opening projects in 16.6 I keep getting the error in the title. So I went through multiple removal/installation cycles but it didn't help. Finally, I completely removed both versions and ran a registry cleaner. After re-installation I'm still getting this error. I get this error even when I try to create a new project.

There must be some residual settings which didn't get removed when I un-installed the software, how do I fix this and get a working pspice?

Thanks

Parents
  • Well, after complete un-installation and manual removal of every orcad and cadence reference in the registry and hard drive without any luck, I fixed it by copying the user environment variables created by orcad to the system environment variables (the CDSROOT and path variable). It seems that cadence couldn't access the user variables. I guess when installing I should've selected to install it for all the users on the computer.

Does anyone know why the user environment variables might not work? I would rather keep it in the users variables if possible.
  • Well, after complete un-installation and manual removal of every orcad and cadence reference in the registry and hard drive without any luck, I fixed it by copying the user environment variables created by orcad to the system environment variables (the CDSROOT and path variable). It seems that cadence couldn't access the user variables. I guess when installing I should've selected to install it for all the users on the computer.

Does anyone know why the user environment variables might not work? I would rather keep it in the users variables if possible.
Children
No Data
CDNS Forum Thread CSS JS
CDNS - Fix Layout