Community Feedback, Suggestions, and Questions ncsim slower on newer faster hardware.

ncsim slower on newer faster hardware.

So I've ran into a problem and I wasn't sure where to put this. 

We are running CentOS 5.8 (I've tryed other versions the timing is the same) and Ncsim version ius11.10.015.setup. When running it on a Lenovo S20 (Model MT-M4105-03U) with a Intel Xeon Processor W3550 (8M Cache, 3.06 GHz, Bus Speed 4.80 GT/s QPI) a particular simulation takes 4 hours and 21 minutes. When running it on a Lenovo S30 (Model MT-M0568-51) with a Intel Xeon Processor E5-1620 (10M Cache, 3.60 GHz, Bus Speed 5GT/s DMI) the same simulation takes 5 hours and 22 minutes. 

Could it be that the version of ncsim we are running doesn't work well with the newer chipsets? Any other ideas? 

Thanks,
Signed the hardware guy who got stuck figuring this one out.
Joe 

Parents
  • Memory is as important if not more important than processor speed. I noticed that the cache is bigger, which is good. Is the main memory the same or more? I assume it is but I wanted to confirm.

Assuming the memory is not the issue, I don't know why you would see this behavior.

Tim 

• Memory is as important if not more important than processor speed. I noticed that the cache is bigger, which is good. Is the main memory the same or more? I assume it is but I wanted to confirm.

Assuming the memory is not the issue, I don't know why you would see this behavior.

Tim 

Children
No Data
CDNS Forum Thread CSS JS
CDNS - Fix Layout