Community Feedback, Suggestions, and Questions ncsim slower on newer faster hardware.

ncsim slower on newer faster hardware.

So I've ran into a problem and I wasn't sure where to put this. 

We are running CentOS 5.8 (I've tryed other versions the timing is the same) and Ncsim version ius11.10.015.setup. When running it on a Lenovo S20 (Model MT-M4105-03U) with a Intel Xeon Processor W3550 (8M Cache, 3.06 GHz, Bus Speed 4.80 GT/s QPI) a particular simulation takes 4 hours and 21 minutes. When running it on a Lenovo S30 (Model MT-M0568-51) with a Intel Xeon Processor E5-1620 (10M Cache, 3.60 GHz, Bus Speed 5GT/s DMI) the same simulation takes 5 hours and 22 minutes. 

Could it be that the version of ncsim we are running doesn't work well with the newer chipsets? Any other ideas? 

Thanks,
Signed the hardware guy who got stuck figuring this one out.
Joe 

Parents
  • Yeah, I even tested that a couple of different ways with no change in the results, and checked the specs to make sure it was in the optimal slots. They are both decked out with a total 24GB DDR3 Desktop SDRAM (1333MHz PC3-10600)
  • Yeah, I even tested that a couple of different ways with no change in the results, and checked the specs to make sure it was in the optimal slots. They are both decked out with a total 24GB DDR3 Desktop SDRAM (1333MHz PC3-10600)
Children
No Data
CDNS Forum Thread CSS JS
CDNS - Fix Layout