Community Feedback, Suggestions, and Questions AC Sweep - how to include frequency in a parameter's expression

AC Sweep - how to include frequency in a parameter's expression?

Hi,

I'm trying to specify a frequency dependent resistance (an approximation of the skin effect).

I have a parameters include file, and need to specify the frequency within an expression (in curly brackets) as follows:

S3_skin_tu1 = {PI*PWR(S3_r_tu1-SQRT(2*S3_res_tu1/(2*PI*FREQUENCY*u_Cu)),2)}

However, PSpice does not understand 'FREQUENCY' (nor 'FREQ' or anything else I've tried). I've not been able to find anything in the documentation.

Does anyone know of a way to use AC frequency in an expression?

Any suggestions will be gratefully received!

Regards,

Nick

Parents
  • I put a frequency into the expression numerically and examined the output at that particular frequency (the output at other frequencies would now be incorrect though). Doing this told me what I needed to know.

I may need to revisit this in the future, and it is still an interesting question! How to get 'frequency' into a parameter's expression symbolically?

One document suggested that the AC skin effect of a conductor could be simulated by using resistors and inductors.

Another idea is to sense the current through a 1H inductor when 1 volt is applied accross it [frequency given by 1/(2*PI*CURRENT)] but how to pass this CURRENT into an expression?

Regards,

Nick

I am both NickW (home email) and npw1 (work email) - sorry for any confusion!

• I put a frequency into the expression numerically and examined the output at that particular frequency (the output at other frequencies would now be incorrect though). Doing this told me what I needed to know.

I may need to revisit this in the future, and it is still an interesting question! How to get 'frequency' into a parameter's expression symbolically?

One document suggested that the AC skin effect of a conductor could be simulated by using resistors and inductors.

Another idea is to sense the current through a 1H inductor when 1 volt is applied accross it [frequency given by 1/(2*PI*CURRENT)] but how to pass this CURRENT into an expression?

Regards,

Nick

I am both NickW (home email) and npw1 (work email) - sorry for any confusion!

Children
No Data
CDNS Forum Thread CSS JS
CDNS - Fix Layout