Need model for Q2N3903

I am trying to complete an assignment for my design class.  This assigmtent involves both the Q2N3904 and the Q2N3903 BJT's.  I am using the 16.6 version of Orcad Capture.  I have a model for the Q2N3904, but not the '03.  In my searches for this I have found that there is a supposed library called pspice.olb, but I have not been able to find this to download it.  I also found that there is a bipolar.olb.  This I found and brought up in capture.  I was able to place a part identified as a Q2N3903, but when I run the spice simulation I get this error:

ERROR(ORPSIM-15113): Model Q2N3903 used by Q_Q3 is undefined

Now the place I found out about the bipolar.olb was talking about orcad 16.2.  Is there a version issue here?  If so how do I model the the Q2N3903?  My instructor did give me the parameters for the model, is there a way for me to make the model myself? 

Parents
  • Oldmouldy is right, if you are running Lite (earlier known as Demo or Student) version of PSpice, you may get above error. Above mentioned steps should help resolve the error. 

Additionally, you can place generic NPN transistor part QBREAKN from "breakout.olb"  and edit it's model, as you already have model parameter for this device. For Editing the model, select the part instance in Capture and Do Edit Model from RMB and update the model parameter in Model Editor. You need to have exact spice .model statement for 2N3903 device.

• Oldmouldy is right, if you are running Lite (earlier known as Demo or Student) version of PSpice, you may get above error. Above mentioned steps should help resolve the error. 

Additionally, you can place generic NPN transistor part QBREAKN from "breakout.olb"  and edit it's model, as you already have model parameter for this device. For Editing the model, select the part instance in Capture and Do Edit Model from RMB and update the model parameter in Model Editor. You need to have exact spice .model statement for 2N3903 device.

Children
No Data
CDNS Forum Thread CSS JS
CDNS - Fix Layout