Need model for Q2N3903

I am trying to complete an assignment for my design class.  This assigmtent involves both the Q2N3904 and the Q2N3903 BJT's.  I am using the 16.6 version of Orcad Capture.  I have a model for the Q2N3904, but not the '03.  In my searches for this I have found that there is a supposed library called pspice.olb, but I have not been able to find this to download it.  I also found that there is a bipolar.olb.  This I found and brought up in capture.  I was able to place a part identified as a Q2N3903, but when I run the spice simulation I get this error:

ERROR(ORPSIM-15113): Model Q2N3903 used by Q_Q3 is undefined

Now the place I found out about the bipolar.olb was talking about orcad 16.2.  Is there a version issue here?  If so how do I model the the Q2N3903?  My instructor did give me the parameters for the model, is there a way for me to make the model myself? 

Parents
  • You are both right about the version I'm using, it is the more limited student version.  The problem was that I had only used the .olb version of the library, and did not know about the need for the .lib version for spice.  I got it to work finally, thanks for your help.
  • You are both right about the version I'm using, it is the more limited student version.  The problem was that I had only used the .olb version of the library, and did not know about the need for the .lib version for spice.  I got it to work finally, thanks for your help.
Children
No Data
CDNS Forum Thread CSS JS
CDNS - Fix Layout