Gerbers

Sorry for the low level post but I am a new OrCAD user and it's a very difficult tool to come up to speed on. I'm highly proficient in Altium and PADS but I can't believe how hard they make it to use this tool. Here are my current issues:

1) In putting down a polygon I'm expecting to see thermal relief connections to pads of the same nets, instead of thermal relief I only see the pads being connected to the net. 

2) I created gerbers at Manufacture>Artwork>Create Artwork but all I get is Top, Bottom and Inner1 (GND) layers, no Silkscreen, Soldermask, Solderpaste, Drill Drawing or Board Outline.

3) I have about 200 vias assigned to GND and I should certainly expect to see thermal relief connections to the GND layer for them but I don't.

These things are probably easy for everyone but tediously difficult to learn for new users and I gotta send out gerbers. Is there anyone willing to help?

Thanks in advance.

Parents
  • The Polygon needs to be a shape, the shape needs to be Dynamic, the pins need to be pins not vias.

You need to create the "other" films for output, open Manufacture>Artwork, Film Control tab, leave this open, set the colours in Display>Color/Visibility for the required Film details to on, for example, only turn on all the Silkscreen_Top colours, back in the Film Control tab, right-click>Add on an existing film name entry and give the new Film a name, the Film definition contents will match the dispalyed objects. There is also a right-click>Match Display if you need to change the contents.

Vias are Full Contact by default, since they are unlikely to be soldered to, thermal relief would not usually be a requirement. You can set the Thermal Relief type globally, Shape>Global Dynamic Parameters, Thermal Relief Connects tab, or for each individual shape, select the shape and right-click>Parameters, Thermal Relief Connects tab.

• The Polygon needs to be a shape, the shape needs to be Dynamic, the pins need to be pins not vias.

You need to create the "other" films for output, open Manufacture>Artwork, Film Control tab, leave this open, set the colours in Display>Color/Visibility for the required Film details to on, for example, only turn on all the Silkscreen_Top colours, back in the Film Control tab, right-click>Add on an existing film name entry and give the new Film a name, the Film definition contents will match the dispalyed objects. There is also a right-click>Match Display if you need to change the contents.

Vias are Full Contact by default, since they are unlikely to be soldered to, thermal relief would not usually be a requirement. You can set the Thermal Relief type globally, Shape>Global Dynamic Parameters, Thermal Relief Connects tab, or for each individual shape, select the shape and right-click>Parameters, Thermal Relief Connects tab.

Children
No Data
CDNS Forum Thread CSS JS
CDNS - Fix Layout