windows 8.1 problem

Hello and thank you.

I have just bought a surface pro 2 (windows 8.1) and I cannot initialice orcad. It says something about parallel configuration (I have it in spanis and literally says: "La configuración paralela no es correcta") and to execute sxstrace.exe.

I tried to install visual C++ redistributable ad now I can use capture, but it is imposible to use PCB editor.

Thank you.

Parents
  •  Try installing both the 32 and 64 bit VCRedists from tools\msbase directory of the Cadence Lite installation. I think that the Microsoft English message would be about the "Side by Side" libraries, if the VCRedists don't fix it, try a search for "Side by Side" issues and the Surface Pro 2. If you can get to the Event Viewer, there will be more information about which of the "Side by Side" modules has the issue and that may, in turn, lead you to find a resolution.

•  Try installing both the 32 and 64 bit VCRedists from tools\msbase directory of the Cadence Lite installation. I think that the Microsoft English message would be about the "Side by Side" libraries, if the VCRedists don't fix it, try a search for "Side by Side" issues and the Surface Pro 2. If you can get to the Event Viewer, there will be more information about which of the "Side by Side" modules has the issue and that may, in turn, lead you to find a resolution.

Children
No Data
CDNS Forum Thread CSS JS
CDNS - Fix Layout