Community Feedback, Suggestions, and Questions Error reading OLE Storage.

Error reading OLE Storage.

Greetings Everyone,

Over the last few weeks I've encountered a problem with OrCad Schematic Capture.  I will save my schematics with a incremental number in case something happens and recovery is minimized.  I've encounter a dialog box error code of "DSM0008" and inside the dialog box the following description: "Unable to load file {Complete file path\filename.dsn}.  The next line under that reads "Unknown error reading OLE Storage.  File may be corrupt".  This is beginning to get under my skin as I'm almost done with a design that I'm working on and each time this happens it sets me back a day or so.  I've not had this problem before now and have been using this for almost sixteen (16) years.  I'm sad to say that yes the version is quite old but that shouldn't matter.  My computer is executing Windows XP operating system and the OrCad Capture version is 9.0.  I'm most curious as to what the "DSM0008" and "error reading OLE storage" are really telling me and how I can resolve it and maybe recovery designs a little faster.  I kind of wonder if it may have something to do with file path length.  I look forward to reading whatever replies all of your have to give me in solving this problem of mine.  Thank you in advance for all the help you can provide me with this issue.  I understand being that it's an old version the first thought would be to upgrade.  I understand that but upgrade is not in the cards at the present time and the company would rather use PADS Logic which is very user unfriendly.  I've been using Orcad since it was version 3 (DOS 6.22 days) and like it user friendly atmosphere.  Thanks again.

Regards,

John

CDNS Forum Thread CSS JS
CDNS - Fix Layout