I am just starting out with OrCAD 16.5 and I had a few questions.
1. I have imported a design from Capture but in connecting the traces I have a "Line to Shape Spacing" DRC at pretty much every 45* angle junction. It says "constraint value 5mil, actual value 0mil." It's all one net - is there a way to fix this?I'm also getting "Thru pin to shape spacing" errors on some, but not all of my through hole pads within the same part... I'm not sure if that's related.
2. Is there a way to add/remove a component to a net in the PCB editor, or do I have to go back to the schematic and re-import a new netlist?
3. I was also wondering if there's a spreadsheet feature like 9 had, where I could see every component, net, position etc.
The first problem is my most pressing. I really appreciate any insight you can give to these errors! Thank you.
1. Check Constraint Manager (Setup - Constraints - Constraint Manager) Look at Spacing Rules and check to see what you have set for Shape to Line. I would also check that the Shape you have added is a dynamic shape and not a static one. Dynamic Shapes update automatically, static ones do not and need to be voided to create the clearance.
2. Not unless you have a high end Allegro XL License but even then it's recommended that you update the schematic and import the netlist into the PCB.
3. Constraint Manager.
There are lots of youtube videos available. Have a look at http://www.youtube.com/user/parsysEDA/videos?sort=dd&flow=grid&view=0