Hi. Here is my situation:
I worked on a schematic for a 2to4 decoder, saved and checked with no problem. Opened Analog Environment and hit run and simulate. Everything works with no errors.
I made a symbol for this 2to4 decoder.
I then opened a new schematic, inserted a decoder. Opened Analog Environment, tried to run simulation... icfb told me to go to out output log (hspice.out) to check for the error, here is what I got:
Any help will be appreciated, thank you.
please don't start your circuits name with a number Hspice can't handle it.
Instead of "2to4..." rename the cell to "two2four..." and it should be ok.
In reply to Marc Heise:
Hello again. Thank you for your reply, your solution worked!
I do however have another problem now, When I update my symbols' names, the instances used in the main schematic do not update : ( Do I need to manually update them (or redo the schematic)? Or is there away to automatically update all instance cell names from their symbol cell names?
In reply to tempVar:
If you rename the cell in the library manager, you should make sure you have the "update instances" check box checked.
BTW, if an initial number is not legal in HSPICE, we really should fix the hspiceD netlister so that it maps leading numbers in subckt names. This is doable within the netlisting infrastructure; the netlister just needs to be told that it is illegal so that it will automatically map during netlisting. So you should report this to customer support so that we can get it implemented in the netlister.
However, if it were me, I would avoid using names that begin with numbers or use any kind of special characters in the names, as these invariably need mapping for some tools. That mapping should work fine, but I tend to go for the "avoid any possible problem" approach and give them more conservative names.
In reply to Andrew Beckett:
Hey. Thank you Andrew for your help and input. So I tried simply renaming them (and checking the "Update instances" button) but that did not work : (
I did however manage to rename all of them using another technique:
I now have a schematic that I am able to simulate.
Thank you guys for your help : )