Community Feedback, Suggestions, and Questions Convert *.sch from old version of OrCAD

Convert *.sch from old version of OrCAD

Hello all!

I have found a lot of sch. files, made in very old version of OrCAD - v1.25 (1985-1987 years). Also I have this version OrCAD with all libraries, and all work fine under DosBox emulator. I have two question:

1) Is it possible to convert from sch OrCAD v1.25 into any other modern file format?

2) I can write my own file convertor if will know the structure of .sch and .lib files in OrCAD v1.25. May be possible found somewere this information?

Parents
  • There is no need to write your own converter, "any" Windows version of OrCAD Capture will open and convert the design files. You need the SDT.CFG from your DOS installation but, if you have a working file structure for the DOS schematics, you should be able to use File>Open>Design, change the "files of type" to "SDT Schematic (*.sch)" and open the schematic page, or root page for multiple pages / hierarchy, and the libraries and schematics will be converted and a DSN file created. The process will convert the original 16-bit DOS data to 32-bit DOS data and then to the Windows format for OrCAD Capture.

• There is no need to write your own converter, "any" Windows version of OrCAD Capture will open and convert the design files. You need the SDT.CFG from your DOS installation but, if you have a working file structure for the DOS schematics, you should be able to use File>Open>Design, change the "files of type" to "SDT Schematic (*.sch)" and open the schematic page, or root page for multiple pages / hierarchy, and the libraries and schematics will be converted and a DSN file created. The process will convert the original 16-bit DOS data to 32-bit DOS data and then to the Windows format for OrCAD Capture.

Children
No Data
CDNS Forum Thread CSS JS
CDNS - Fix Layout