Cadence® system design and verification solutions, integrated under our System Development Suite, provide the simulation, acceleration, emulation, and management capabilities.
System Development Suite Related Products A-Z
Cadence® digital design and signoff solutions provide a fast path to design closure and better predictability, helping you meet your power, performance, and area (PPA) targets.
Full-Flow Digital Solution Related Products A-Z
Cadence® custom, analog, and RF design solutions can help you save time by automating many routine tasks, from block-level and mixed-signal simulation to routing and library characterization.
Overview Related Products A-Z
Driving efficiency and accuracy in advanced packaging, system planning, and multi-fabric interoperability, Cadence® package implementation products deliver the automation and accuracy.
Cadence® PCB design solutions enable shorter, more predictable design cycles with greater integration of component design and system-level simulation for a constraint-driven flow.
An open IP platform for you to customize your app-driven SoC design.
Comprehensive solutions and methodologies.
Helping you meet your broader business goals.
A global customer support infrastructure with around-the-clock help.
24/7 Support - Cadence Online Support
Locate the latest software updates, service request, technical documentation, solutions and more in your personalized environment.
Cadence offers various software services for download. This page describes our offerings, including the Allegro FREE Physical Viewer.
The Cadence Academic Network helps build strong relationships between academia and industry, and promotes the proliferation of leading-edge technologies and methodologies at universities renowned for their engineering and design excellence.
Participate in CDNLive
A huge knowledge exchange platform for academia to network with industry. We are looking for academic speakers to talk about their research to the industry attendees at the Academic Track at CDNLive EMEA and Silicon Valley.
Come & Meet Us @ Events
A huge knowledge exchange platform for academia. We are looking for academic speakers to talk about their research to industry attendees.
Americas University Software Program
Join the 250+ qualified Americas member universities who have already incorporated Cadence EDA software into their classrooms and academic research projects.
EMEA University Software Program
In EMEA, Cadence works with EUROPRACTICE to ensure cost-effective availability of our extensive electronic design automation (EDA) tools for non-commercial activities.
Apply Now For Jobs
If you are a recent college graduate or a student looking for internship. Visit our exclusive job search page for interns and recent college graduate jobs.
Cadence is a Great Place to do great work
Learn more about our internship program and visit our careers page to do meaningful work and make a great impact.
Get the most out of your investment in Cadence technologies through a wide range of training offerings.
Overview All Courses Asia Pacific EMEANorth America
Instructor-led training [ILT] are live classes that are offered in our state-of-the-art classrooms at our worldwide training centers, at your site, or as a Virtual classroom.
Online Training is delivered over the web to let you proceed at your own pace, anytime and anywhere.
Exchange ideas, news, technical information, and best practices.
The community is open to everyone, and to provide the most value, we require participants to follow our Community Guidelines that facilitate a quality exchange of ideas and information.
It's not all about the technlogy. Here we exchange ideas on the Cadence Academic Network and other subjects of general interest.
Cadence is a leading provider of system design tools, software, IP, and services.
I am just starting out with OrCAD 16.5 and I had a few questions.
1. I have imported a design from Capture but in connecting the traces I have a "Line to Shape Spacing" DRC at pretty much every 45* angle junction. It says "constraint value 5mil, actual value 0mil." It's all one net - is there a way to fix this?I'm also getting "Thru pin to shape spacing" errors on some, but not all of my through hole pads within the same part... I'm not sure if that's related.
2. Is there a way to add/remove a component to a net in the PCB editor, or do I have to go back to the schematic and re-import a new netlist?
3. I was also wondering if there's a spreadsheet feature like 9 had, where I could see every component, net, position etc.
The first problem is my most pressing. I really appreciate any insight you can give to these errors! Thank you.
1. Check Constraint Manager (Setup - Constraints - Constraint Manager) Look at Spacing Rules and check to see what you have set for Shape to Line. I would also check that the Shape you have added is a dynamic shape and not a static one. Dynamic Shapes update automatically, static ones do not and need to be voided to create the clearance.
2. Not unless you have a high end Allegro XL License but even then it's recommended that you update the schematic and import the netlist into the PCB.
3. Constraint Manager.
There are lots of youtube videos available. Have a look at http://www.youtube.com/user/parsysEDA/videos?sort=dd&flow=grid&view=0