Cadence Breadcrumbs
CommunityForums Custom IC Design Set ignoredesigchangesduringrun locally / per session /...

Set ignoredesigchangesduringrun locally / per session / per maestro cell

Hi,

When creating testbenches that run for several days, one would like to ignore any design changes (like using the method described here: https://support.cadence.com/apex/ArticleAttachmentPortal?id=a1Od0000000nXSOEA2&pageName=ArticleContent)

However, that is not a desired fixed feature in general, in our setup. Is there a way to control it on a per session or maestro cell basis? People in our organisation tend to forget if they have set anything in .cdsinit.

BR,

Christian

version info:
Virtuoso  IC6.1.8-64b.500.22
Spectre  21.1.0.208.isr3

• Christian,

The ignoreDesignChangesDuringRun is not controllable per session because it needs to be set in both the interactive session and the background sessions. It's kind-of superfluous when using LSCS because the netlisting tasks are done at the beginning (but backgrounded, so can be run in parallel with the main Virtuoso session) and so you get the benefits of not blocking the virtuoso session with the (almost) safety of ensuring that changes a week into a long simulation don't affect later points. The only real downside of ignoreDesignChangesDuringRun with ICRP is that it does all the netlisting up front in the foreground session which blocks the session for a long time with big designs, which can be undesirable.

So would LSCS not solve your problem?

Regards,

Andrew

• Andrew,

Thank you for your response. Just to be sure - I have sometimes noted that LSCS netlist at a later point in time, when doing larger sweeps. This netlisting is then, I assume, only for the variables and test bench changes related to the netlisting, and not the schematical netlisting? I did not know this.

BR,
    Christian

• Christian, I'll check. I may be mistaken about how it behaves. I know that ignoreDesignChangesDuringRun doesn't have an effect in LSCS, at least I think that's the case.

Andrew

• Christian,

What I said was mostly true. The exceptions were things like calcVal dependencies and run plans where netlist creation could get deferred and can't be done up front. There is some further work planned to address this (as far as I know).

Andrew

Related