I am looking for some skill code that can copy and rotate a polygon around X0Y0 (or a predetermined point I can select or plug in coordinates for), and be able to control how many degrees and how many times the copy takes place.
You can use skill function dbCopyFig to perform copy operation with transformation (coordinate orientation magnification). This function manage to handle copy with rotation. By the way, its is not recommended to rotate the copied figure with any angle rather than orthogonal since this will cause issue during production or lithography process.
I wrote a simple code for this, you can have a try:
procedure( howCopy(dx dy @optional (orient "R0") (array 1) (cv geGetEditCellView()))
let((x y arr)
selset = geGetSelSet() ;Get selected set from cell view
foreach( sel selset ; Process each objects
x = dx
y = dy
arr = array
while( arr >=1
dbCopyFig(sel cv list(x:y orient))
x = x + dx
y = y + dy
* Note: This script was written in a short time which is not tested. This is just a concept on how to copy object with orientation, you may modify the script to adapt to your needs.
I have very limited knowledge with SKILL, so I'm not sure exactly how to use this.
I've saved the code into a file, and then loaded the file successfully into the CIW. Can you please comment on what to do next?
Since the skill code was written in that way, i will briefly explain on how to run the skill code.
1. Save it to a file/ or direct copy the whole skill and load it to CIW. For file, type load <fileName>
2. Open an active cell view and select object(s) that you wish to perform copy operation
3. Go back to CIW, and type the command with x and y offset.
Syntax: howCopy(dx dy [orient] [array])
eg1: Copy object with x=10, y=5, orientation="R0" with array=1
howCopy(10 5) ;the default setting for orientation is R0, array is 1, no no need to input the variable
eg2: Copy object with x=5, y=7, orient=R90( rotate 90degree), array = 2 (copy 2 time and 2nd object move respective to 1st object)
howCopy(5 7 "R90" 2)
* Note: variable orient and array was an optional key, if you input the value for these 2 variable, if will override the default value which is stated at the beginning of the skill code
Do let me know if you need any. Happy testing!