Cadence Breadcrumbs
CommunityForums Custom IC SKILL (SKILL profiler): can not create a new tree node. (the result...

(SKILL profiler): can not create a new tree node. (the result tree view will be incomplete)

Hi there,

I have a skill script to process some simulation results. There are two issues

• huge hashes (makeTable), they need a lot of memory - overall the process takes ~ 12GB 
  • long time to run  , 3-4 days . this is the main concern. We have a lot of OP() and VF() calls to get the simulation results.

So, I was trying to debug it using skill profiler (time and call counts).

After 2 days in CDS.log I've notices this warning:
 (SKILL profiler): can not create a new tree node. (the result tree view will be incomplete)

what could be the reason? Most likely I can not trust the profiler's statistic.

virtuoso version IC6.1.6-64b.500.13.2

Thank you,

Marcel

• Marcel,

The profile list view should be OK - it's just the tree view. Having taken a look, there seems to be a limit on the maximum size of a hash table that the profiler creates to support the tree view, but it's not entirely clear what would trigger that. I can only find one mention of the message in a case and even then that was not really the issue being investigated.

I think you'll need to report this to customer support for further investigation (maybe you can provide an example, although I guess the challenge might be if it's cut down to something smaller you may not see the problem).

Regards,

Andrew

Related