I'm wondering to what degree I can edit syntax, character quantity in
part names, etc. settings in the allegro15.cfg file in order to
eliminate 'redundant' errors when netlisting into Allegro 15.7x.
The dang engineer is adamant about having NO errors when netlisting,
and the only errors I'm getting are on part number/tolerance, etc. and
other attributes on HIS schematic symbols (migrated over from an
earlier design). All other symbols netlist over just fine,
including device files.
The default settings in the allegro15.cfg have part number set at only
11 characters. What? I need at least 30. Besides,
what difference does it make?
Anyways, if anyone out there is still using DxDesigner (we're on
2005SP3), then PLEASE provide me some insight re: to what degree I can
edit the cfg file.
Greg,I would go ahead and change the character limits in the CFG file to match what Allegro maximum characters limits. I have found that the CFG File provided in DxDesigner (Viewdraw) is very dated and I have a running list of changes to CFG file on every new release of DxDesigner.(We have a local CFG file that we freshen when rolling out a new DxDesigner release) Here is the max characters limits from the Allegro documentationField Maximum Number of Characterspackage name 30device type 30function designator 30reference designator 30function type 30pin number 30slot name 30swap type 30pin name 30net name 30 --> We use 27property value 79tolerance 79user part number 79value 79We reduced the net name maximum number of characters to 27 to prevent issues when placing modules in the design because Allegro adds an underscore and the module name to the end of the net and package names which will cause an error if you exceed the character limits. One final thing to note. I believe in Allegro 16.0 the max limit is 255 characters via an environmental variable "allegro_long_name_size" for new designs so you will be updating the CFG file once again to bump the limits.Hope this helps,Mike CatramboneUTStarcom, Inc.
Thank you very much Mike,However, the main attribute that the engineer doesn't want to change is the PART_NUMBER attribute - and he refuses to change it from the default 11!!!I set it at 25 and 30 with no issues.Now I have to figure out how to get rid of his 'errors' so that he stops complaining.Thanks again,Greg