Community Feedback, Suggestions, and Questions problems with "dat extensions

problems with "dat extensions

I have installed OrCAD Cadence 10.5 just recently. Everything works great but now I have a problem with all my .dat extensions accross my whole system. What used to be .dat extensions for license files or for any other applications are now all ''probe document'' for PSpice. I assume I have given some permission to let certain file extension be associated with Orcad and .dat is obviously one of them.

What can I do to change it??

Thanks 

Danny G.

• The installer would have prompted to associate DAT file extensions, and others, with the OrCAD installation.

For Windows, Open My Computer, to view the machine drives, then Tools>Folder Options, File types tab, scroll down for the DAT file extension, or whichever file extension, the Change button will activate, use it to change the association. You could also delete the DAT file extension and add a new association. Things are a bit different on Vista but 10.5 is not supported on Vista....

•  Thanks for the response.

Still I wonder with what application I should associate this DAT file. I assume Notepad would be the one?

My new question then would be how should I save any Pspice probe? with what extension??

Thanks again OldMouldy for your time

Danny G

CDNS Forum Thread CSS JS
CDNS - Fix Layout