Community Feedback, Suggestions, and Questions Can't simulate using Win7 in my hp pavillion dm1, what's...

Can't simulate using Win7 in my hp pavillion dm1, what's the problem?

I have installing and uninstalling PSPICE over and over again because of this problem. The dialog box said that it had conflicts with .sch extensions and wil not operate. i looked up what that .sch was and found out that it was only the task scheduler, a default program of win7. i asked my other classmate using win7, and he told me that his was working. is there any problem with PSPICE or is it my hp pavillion dm1 netbook that has a problem? I would appreciate your help..really! thanks
  • At what stage you are getting this message? While installing or running the tool?

With which version you are getting this message? With 9.1 or 16.3?

Generally such messages are for informing users about file extension association changes and things should work either way and according to  selection made by you.

• When I installed the 9.1, i got the message after the installation has finished, before asking me to view the installation notes. When I installed 16.3, i didn't get any notice at all, the PSPICE simulation toolbar just don't work, cannot run and simulate the circuit. That was my problem too with 9.1, it was installed successfully but the simulation toolbar cannot be accessed and ran. What do you think is the problem? I appreciate your help man, thanks!
  • For 16.3: You can use any one of the following:

#1 It apprears that you have UAC turned on your system. Please turn off UAC (bring the slider to lowest level) and reboot the machine (as this change would be effective only after reboot). Now try installing 16.3 again. It should work. UAC controls are available under Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\User Accounts

#2: Download the latest ISR and install it. It should also fix the issue of missing PSpice toolbar.

• Thanks a lot sir! By the way, what is UAC and ISR? OUCH! Our professor instructed us to use 9.1! Will it be fixed if i apply the same methods you're telling me sir? Even in 9.1?
CDNS Forum Thread CSS JS
CDNS - Fix Layout