Community Feedback, Suggestions, and Questions Allegro PSpice Simulator File > Print... does not preserve...

Allegro PSpice Simulator File > Print... does not preserve colors (SPB172)

Software Version SPB 17.2. In the Allegro PSpice Simulator app I did the following:

Tools > Options...

Probe Settings dialog > Color Settings tab

I reconfigured the color scheme by setting the BACKGROUND color to white, setting the FOREGROUND color to dark gray, and selecting dark colors for the first five colors under TRACE COLORS.

Probe Settings dialog > OK button.

I closed and re-opened the Allegro PSpice Simulator app.

When I run a PSpice simulation, the simulation results are plotted / rendered as expected: white background, dark gray foreground elements, and the traces are drawn with the dark colors that I selected.

PROBLEM: In the Allegro PSpice Simulator app, when I select File > Print Preview or File > Print..., the trace colors shown on the print preview window revert back to the (barely perceptible) light green trace on white background.

What do I need to do to ensure the color scheme in the print preview window and printout match the color scheme I've specified, and that's currently shown, on the Allegro PSpice Simulator window?

• You can configure this by editing [PROBE PRINTER COLORS] section of PSpice.ini. Currently printer color configuration is not supported through UI-customize color setting dialog in PSpice. To configure this -

Open the PSpice.ini in any text editor. This file is located under %HOME%\cdssetup\OrCAD_PSpice\17.2.0 folder.

Update the TARCE COLORs under [PROBE PRINTER COLORS] section. You may want to match this with PROBE DISPLAY COLOR. Below is the example where both color setting are aligned

[PROBE DISPLAY COLORS]
    NUMTRACECOLORS=14
    BACKGROUND=BRIGHTWHITE
    FOREGROUND=DIMGRAY
    TRACE_1=BLACK
    TRACE_2=BRIGHTBLUE
    TRACE_3=BROWN
    TRACE_4=BRIGHTGREEN
    TRACE_5=BRIGHTRED
    TRACE_6=BRIGHTYELLOW
    TRACE_7=BRIGHTMAGENTA
    TRACE_8=BRIGHTCYAN
    TRACE_9=MUSTARD
    TRACE_10=PINK
    TRACE_11=LIGHTGREEN
    TRACE_12=DARKPINK
    TRACE_13=LIGHTBLUE
    TRACE_14=PURPLE

[PROBE PRINTER COLORS]
    NUMTRACECOLORS=12
    BACKGROUND=BRIGHTWHITE
    FOREGROUND=BLACK
    TRACE_1=BLACK
    TRACE_2=BRIGHTBLUE
    TRACE_3=BROWN
    TRACE_4=BRIGHTGREEN
    TRACE_5=BRIGHTRED
    TRACE_6=BRIGHTYELLOW
    TRACE_7=BRIGHTMAGENTA
    TRACE_8=BRIGHTCYAN
    TRACE_9=MUSTARD
    TRACE_10=PINK
    TRACE_11=LIGHTGREEN
    TRACE_12=DARKPINK
    TRACE_13=LIGHTBLUE
    TRACE_14=PURPLE

This should work. I would also suggest visiting http://PSpice.com and using user forum there. This is dedicated portal for PSpice.

CDNS Forum Thread CSS JS
CDNS - Fix Layout