Community Feedback, Suggestions, and Questions Any Limitations for Creating Analog IC Design Videos Using...

Any Limitations for Creating Analog IC Design Videos Using Cadence?

I am a university student and we have access to Cadence IC design tool for our Analog Design course. I wanted to make some videos about Analog IC Design using Cadence and post them on YouTube. I was wondering if there are any limitations from Cadence regarding that?
Parents
  • Hi Andrew7,
    thanks for your interest to make videos!
    Before I can comment on any legal constraints I'd need to know which university you are enrolled.
    Feel free to reach out directly to me at phaspel@cadence.com

Best,
    Patrick
  • Hi Patrick,
    Thank you for your response. My university is in Europe. However, considering the number of people already visited this threat and interested in the answer, I think there should be some general guidelines, regardless of the institutes they are enrolled in.
    So isn't there a universal policy regarding making online tutorial videos with Cadence?
  • Hi Andrew7,
    unfortunately there are no general guidelines.
    The use of Cadence technology at the university is covered by the terms the university has signed with Cadence.
    In general, the university program at Cadence is very interested in all enablement support that helps using Cadence technology.
    However, since the universities have access to most leading edge technology that also our regular customers use we need to limit access to this material via support.cadence.com.
    Since you are located in Europe you can request access to support.cadence.com easily via your Europractice site representative at your university. They can generate logins for you. If they don't yet have the permission they can request it here: www.europractice.stfc.ac.uk/.../cadence_limited_online_support.html

Once you got access we can discuss how material and videos can be posted on the COS platform.

You might also find these videos very helpful:
    support.cadence.com/.../Coveo_CommunitySearch

Here you can find more than 4000 videos.

Hope this helps!

best,
    Patrick
  • Hi Andrew7,
    unfortunately there are no general guidelines.
    The use of Cadence technology at the university is covered by the terms the university has signed with Cadence.
    In general, the university program at Cadence is very interested in all enablement support that helps using Cadence technology.
    However, since the universities have access to most leading edge technology that also our regular customers use we need to limit access to this material via support.cadence.com.
    Since you are located in Europe you can request access to support.cadence.com easily via your Europractice site representative at your university. They can generate logins for you. If they don't yet have the permission they can request it here: www.europractice.stfc.ac.uk/.../cadence_limited_online_support.html

Once you got access we can discuss how material and videos can be posted on the COS platform.

You might also find these videos very helpful:
    support.cadence.com/.../Coveo_CommunitySearch

Here you can find more than 4000 videos.

Hope this helps!

best,
    Patrick
Children
No Data
CDNS Forum Thread CSS JS
CDNS - Fix Layout