InstallScape

When is Cadence going to provide something reliable to install software rather than this flaky pile of time-wasting tool?

Regards,

John

• John,

I would suggest that feeding this back to http://support.cadence.com would be a more productive way of feeding back your frustrations rather than posting it in this forum (which is for feedback, suggestions and questions related to the community forums, not for technical subjects). We're always happy to hear constructive criticism.

Kind Regards,

Andrew
  • Thank you Andrew for the considered reply and I do indeed have yet another support case open. I apologise if I did not appreciate the use of this forum but I thought it'd be the place to bring up a general complaint about Installscape. It can fail in so many (and I'm sure not yet imagined) ways that I thought it useful to bring it up as a topic. I cannot understand why Cadence spends a lot of money developing software then does not provide a reliable way to install it.
    Regards,
    John
  • I am a bit surprised, because whist InstallScape hasn't had much modernisation, it's not something we generally get reports that it doesn't work effectively (I use it a lot, both from command-line and through the UI, to install releases myself frequently and update existing releases). There are odd occasions when the server data has a problem, but that's fairly rare. Anyway, please do follow up with support, as we should make this as painless as possible!

Andrew.
  • i have faced the server issue from time to time. it is not frequent, but not too rare either
CDNS Forum Thread CSS JS
CDNS - Fix Layout