Community Feedback, Suggestions, and Questions ERROR while creating a verliog file on cadence virtuoso

ERROR while creating a verliog file on cadence virtuoso

Hello, while creating a verilog file in a cellview, the editor doesnt start and I get the following error:

ERROR (LMF-02005): License call failed for feature Virtuoso_Schematic_Editor_L, version 6.180 and quantity 1. The license server search path is defined as 5280@192.168.1.82. The FLEXnet error message is as follows, FLEXnet ERROR(-5, 0, 0): No such feature exists. Run 'lic_error LMF-02005' for more information..

ERROR (ELI-00111) Failed to check out license 'Virtuoso_Schematic_Editor_L'.

It shouldnt even be calling Schematic L in the first place as I want to use test editor:

When I restart vrituoso, it works sometimes, but when i shut it down and try again, same error appears.

Other client PCs in the same Lab accessing the same server with same setting are not facing this issue.

Kindly if someone could help me i will be grateful

• The Verilog text editor does require a Schematic license - it does more than just open a simple text editor - it has syntax highlighting, extracts connectivity so that a symbol can be created, and a few other pieces. It seems likely you have a problem with your license server setup - the error is clearly saying that you don't have access to a schematic editor license...

Andrew

• You answered nothing.  Just answer the question, I hate fake responses. This is a problem, your job is to say how to resolve it.  I suddenly have the same issue.    FLEXnet ERROR(-5, 0, 0): No such feature exists.

• You answered nothing.  Just answer the question, I hate fake responses. This is a problem, your job is to say how to resolve it.

I did answer the question. I explained that the specific operation required above does need a schematic editor license, and it was the lack of such a license that caused the error. It was not a "fake response" (whatever that is).

You however were just rude, having posted on an old thread in a (quite frankly) inappropriate forum (the original question was posted in the wrong place - this forum is for questions and suggestions about the forums themselves, not for technical questions).

It's not actually my job to answer anything on the forums. I do so in my spare time (for example, I'm answering this on a Saturday after a week of vacation). Being rude is not likely to get me to prioritise answering your questions - especially as you didn't share the context of what you are doing or the full error message. Perhaps you should contact customer support (submit a case after logging in), as there it is somebody's job to answer.

Andrew

CDNS Forum Thread CSS JS
CDNS - Fix Layout