I have to run a transient simulation of a transistor-level Charge Pump PLL. I have noticed that it is taking too much memory. icfb got shutdown by itself with this message at the terminal:
ERROR: Unable to allocate memory for transition file slice variable transition index level (read).
The simulation was not complete and it shutdown in between. The size of tran.tran.trn is around 40 GB.
Note that I have already done this: In Analog Design Environment, Outputs -> Save All, I have checked "selected" option in "select signals to output (save)" and Outputs -> to be saved -> select on schematic and selected few nets that I wanted to save
But even after doing the above, it is still saving every net (because I'm able to plot those nets) which is the reason for such a huge tran.tran.trn file. What more should I do to stop it from saving every net? (and only save the nets that I select)
Thanks for replying. It was already late night when I replied to your last post, so I couldn't reply immediately.
1. I tried adding "export CDS_AUTO_64BIT ALL" to my .bashrc, sourcing it and then restarting it the cadence, but it didn't work. Still ADE is saving every net.
2. I'm only a student in the university, so I don't have any admin rights. But I'll inform the authorities here to update the cadence to latest version. But it would take a lot of time.
3. Output of 'icms -W' -> sub-version 5.10.41_USR6.127.29, 'virtuoso -W' -> virtuoso: command not found
5. I have tried in debian also, the problem is still there. Currently I can use cadence spectre only in debian or ubuntu.
4. I didn't understand what is the "output statement" in the netlist. So I'm pasting the netlist here. This nelist doesn't correspond to the one where I got that "Unable to allocate memory..." error. This netlist is of a different circuit generated from Virtuoso ADE after selecting the nets to be saved. I have deliberately removed some lines corresponding to circuit elements since the netlist is large.
// Generated for: spectre
// Generated on: May 31 13:01:10 2012
// Design library name: myddp
// Design cell name: divby2_vco
// Design view name: schematic
include "/cad/library/UMC65/Designkits/Cadence/Models/Spectre/L65LL_V111.lib.scs" section=tt_ll_lvt12
// Library name: myddp
// Cell name: divby2_vco
// View name: schematic
E0 (net025 gnda clk gnda) vcvs gain=-1.0
V0 (clkb net025) vsource dc=800.0m type=dc
V7 (gnda 0) vsource dc=0 type=dc
V8 (vdd 0) vsource dc=1.2 type=dc
V6 (clk gnda) vsource type=sine sinedc=400m ampl=400m freq=4.8G
NM8 (n2 clk n1 gnda) n_12_lllvt l=60n w=5u sa=1.6e-07 sb=1.6e-07 nf=1 \
mis_flag=1 sd=0 as=800f ad=800f ps=10.32u pd=10.32u sca=5.17799 \
scb=3.30657m scc=557.825u m=1 mf=1
simulatorOptions options reltol=1e-3 vabstol=1e-6 iabstol=1e-12 temp=27 \
tnom=27 scalem=1.0 scale=1.0 gmin=1e-12 rforce=1 maxnotes=5 maxwarns=5 \
digits=5 cols=80 pivrel=1e-3 sensfile="../psf/sens.output" \
tran tran stop=2n errpreset=conservative write="spectre.ic" \
writefinal="spectre.fc" annotate=status maxiters=5
finalTimeOP info what=oppoint where=rawfile
modelParameter info what=models where=rawfile
element info what=inst where=rawfile
outputParameter info what=output where=rawfile
designParamVals info what=parameters where=rawfile
primitives info what=primitives where=rawfile
subckts info what=subckts where=rawfile
saveOptions options save=selected currents=nonlinear useprobes=yes