From one foundry I have one technology file with a name called "techfile"
How could I get a layer mapping file from this fiile?
I want to do so is because:
(1) I have a gds file from another souce, that has some layers (number) not defined in said "techfile". Let's call those special layers "LayersS". I do not have a tech file from that source. In addition to those
(2) I want to use some layers we generally not used in "techfile", eg TSV and SOI, to show the those "LayerS" in Cadence
(3) So I need a layer mapping file in "stream in"/'stream out" to translate those "LayerS" to TSV layer.
(4) This is not only stream in but also stream out, because eventually I will tapeout a chip containing those "LayerS" with correct layer numbers.
Could someone tech me how to do it ? Or how to solve my problem in another way?
Many thanks !!
Complement to (1) Besides those "LayerS", all other layers are the same.
Those "LayersS" are specially layers for special novel device still under development, provided by that "another source".
Eventally I will tapeout a gds files to that "another source" with those "LayerS"
Thank you !!!
Andrew, thanks to your fast response. Yes, I am using IC61.
(1) You mentioned there is a separate file. What is usually the name of it?
(2) Writing a layer mapping file is not too difficult, I know, but I prefer not to do it from zero manually because I am afraid that I will miss something so that the final streamed out gds lacks some layers or does something wrong
(3) My original plan is.
>> For instance if the special layer number is 220/8 (not exist in the tech file). I want to stream in it to layer TSV/0 (known layer).
>> With this TSV/0 layer in Cadence Virtuoso I can then add/edit some shapes that emulate the nonexisting 220/8 layer
>> Finally after the stream out, in the gds file I would have those shapes with layer number 220/8
Does it make sense?
Thanks a lot !!