Hi All, I am trying to use monte carlo simulation for a bandgap voltage reference. When I followed the procedure in this forrum and other tutorial, and click "run" for "monte carlo sampling", it looks like nothing was executed. I post my setup and hope anybody can advise about it.
1. I have a cellview named "monte_carlo". In ADE L, the simulation output is "\net55" and it runs well over temperature -50C to 125C (DC simulation in sweeping the temperature). I selected and set "tt" to allmodels.scs, and select "design.scs". After running sussceesully, I saved this state as "temp".
2. I open ADE XL->"create new view"->"open in 'new window'"
3. Create test and load the state "temp".
Now the setup looks like this [Since I cannot insert an imagine from my computer here, I created a same thread in another place. The setup file picture is shown in http://www.edaboard.com/thread281229.html#post1203445. Please kindly go to this post to see the picture, sorry for the inconvenience]
When I click "run", it never showed any progress. For example, I set number of points to 100, then it always show 0/100.
1.Could anybody advise how can I make simulation run? My target is to achieve some statistic distribution of output reference voltage.
2.Do I need to load more scs file here? like process.scs?
Thank you very much!
I can't see the picture as it requires me to login on edaboard.com - and I don't particularly want to register as I have enough fora to monitor already! You can upload pictures here - go to the Options tab when replying and then you can add a picture as an attachment.
When the simulation starts, you should get a little "terminal" icon in the Run Summary assistant - hit the right mouse button over this terminal and take a look in the Job log file and see if that gives any clues.
Otherwise you would probably be best logging this as a new case via Cadence Online Support.
Nothing jumps out at me. There's some debug flags you could set, but the best thing is to report this to customer support so that we can help you debug it (the debug flags are private so I don't want to reveal them in a public forum).
I can't really see why it would work for normal "single run sweeps and corners" and not "monte carlo" if the Job Options are the same.
Hi Andrew, actuallay singe run is also not working, not just monte carlo.I am trying to get host ID now. At the mean time,I used "ADE XL help" to find this information
Virtuoso Analog Design Environment XL Known Problems and Solutions
CCR 674267: Running a parameter sweep with Monte Carlo is not supported
Description: If any global variable or parameter is being swept, users cannot run Monte Carlo analysis. The variable/parameter has to be disabled.
Solution: Use the Corners UI to setup the conditions under which the results of Monte Carlo need to be evaluated.
1. Do you think this is the root cause of my issue? Since I want to sweep temperature and run monte carlo to see the variation of output voltage?
2. If that is the case, could you advise how I can make corner UI run this test?
Thank you very much！