Cadence version: IC6.1.5
Lately, we have been converting our design database from IC5 to IC6, using cdb2oa script, that was shipped along with IC6.
We managed to convert the database without any error. The schematic in OA matched perfectly to its CDB counterpart, but not for the layouts. Most of the layouts were converted correctly. Only a few showed some weird characteristics. For example, the location of a small part of layers (M1, M2, VIA1 and VIA2) in OA version got shifted in the same vertical direction (upwards). Their shapes and sizes still remained the same but shifted. It did not happen on the entire layers, just a part of them.
The command we used to convert the databse is shown as below:
/cadence/lnx_ic615.500.15/tools/dfII/bin/cdb2oa -lib library_oa -cdslibpath ../cadence_cdb -mapviaparams > cdb2oa.log
Did anyone run into this problem before? Please advise. Thanks.
I had a silmilar situation a few years ago where the pdk had been updated. Something changed with the default values of the standard via definitions in the new pdk. This could be similar.
When you translate to OA, the vias themselves are not converted. They simply reference the via definitions in the new lib.
I think you may be converting symbolic or cdsvias to standard vias in OA.
With the -mapviaparams switch you are using the via default values from the instance masters of CDB instead of the default values from the standard vias in the OA pdk.
It is possible that things like layerenclosures are calculated differently in OA when defaults are used.
Check if you have values such as "NONE" in your original CDB techlib.
Or, simply try running the translator without the -mapviaparams switch
As always, if this doesn't help, contact customer support.