- I have just started early prototyping into IBM's latest CU08 v7.0
library, however encounter v5.2.1 fails to remove any of the buffers or
inverter pairs during "deleteBufferTree" or "placeDesign -PrePlaceOpt"
- I have tried both the automatically generated footprint definitions
and the default ones provided in the IBM_CU08_SC.lib file.
- Ironically "optDesign" adds the correct BUF / INV trees back in.
- I will try the latest encounter v5.2.2 and an older CU08 v6.0
- Is anyone else using CU08 v7.0 ???
Using IBM CU08 v6.0 synop.lib files corrected the problem ...
and carry on with the regular flow
I guess I will be talking to IBM's ASIC connect helpdesk ...
It turns out to be two new pin definition fields in the timing.lib files
direction : input ;
capacitance : 0.002513 ;
min_pulse_width_low : 0.070200 ;
min_pulse_width_high : 0.044400 ;
max_transition : 2.0000 ;
service request entered
... Shawn Fitzpatrick Nortel