I have unique requirement that scan mode be set by internal register which would control output at PO. By default PI/PO which drives scan are set for something else. Before scan starts, I need to set register to a proper value so PI and PO controls inserted scan chain. I do know that there exist a way to have tester drive the Register interface to drive PI to set registers to desired value. What I do not now how to generate such pattern that tester understands and how to include them in initialization sequence.
This gets into direct tool flow support. What company do you work for? Do you have a Cadence AE that you work with?
In summary if you want to see what a modeinit looks like, do the following in the ET GUI:
- Pull up the GUI for the tbdata you are working with
- Go to Report->Sequences..
- Load in testmode name.
- Change Pattern Format to node
- Type in Outputfile name
- Click on Advanced tab and select "as scan load events"
- Click OK and then click Run. This will output a file for you that contains the current modeinit sequence that is default for that testmode. You would nee to add your setup sequence to that modeinit and then use that to build your new testmode.
Also. The commandline for above would look something like this:
report_sequences outputfile=XXX.seq format=node testmode=YYY compact=fill
For further support please consult support.cadence.com.