I am trying to do post-processing on my output signals in MATLAB using the SpectreRF toolbox. I use the cds_srr() command in MATLAB to import the signal data into MATLAB and take it from there. However, each time I re-run a simulation in spectre which a change in some parameters that will change the output waveforms as well, the new updated data is not imported in MATLAB on re-typing the command. I need to close MATLAB window and restart it to get the new data. Any thoughts on this issue?
Tawna's quite right. Knowing the versions may be important. I just tried this using an arbitrary random choice of versions - spectre 10.1.1.441.isr25 and Matlab R2011b, and it worked fine for me. Just tried another random choice, spectre 22.214.171.1247.isr3 and Matlab R2012b - that also worked fine.
So which version are you using? Maybe it's data dependent too?
Sorry about that! I thought it would be common to all since its a MATLAB command.
Here is the version details:
Virtuoso Ver: 126.96.36.1990.12
MATLAB Ver: 2011b
I don't think it should be data dependent though because I am just importing waveform data into MATLAB like you would do for any other data. I am just running a 'transient' and yes I wait enough after completion of transient simulation for the new data to be saved, in case it takes time to write in a file.
Unfortunately I can't quite test that combination now because I'm travelling and don't have such an old version of MMSIM on my laptop. I would suggest you try with a newer version of MMSIM (that specific build is over 2.5 years old, and we've had MMSIM7.2, MMSIM10.1, MMSIM11.1 and MMSIM12.1 as major releases since then).
It could potentially have been data dependent (i.e. the type of analysis, or even the format of the data - whether it is SST2 or PSF, for example). That said, I just tried MMSIM12.1/R2012b with transient data in both SST2 and PSF, and it works fine for me.
Sorry for the really late reply but an update to MMSIM 12.1 did the trick. Now when I invoke MATLAB and try to import data, I get an info message in command window saying "Results have been changed. Reloading..." So, it works!